Thread: Replacing an LR-308 Gas block

Feedback Score

Replacing an LR-308 Gas block

Greetings! Brand new to the forum. I want to replace the factory gas block on a DPMS Oracle LR-308 (Gen 1). Does anyone know if there exists a gas block that has upper and lower picatinny rails and is adjustable? I want the rails for back-up sights and bipod mounts and it would be great if I could get one that is adjustable. I started with just looking for a drop-in replacement quad-rail forend, but can't find one. The folks at DPMS told me on the phone that no one makes one for the Gen 1 rifle.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I have never seen an adjustable gas block with both topside AND bottom picatinny. There's plenty with the top side that are adjustable. Does your rail not support a place to mount a bipod or is it a short rail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Thanks for replying! I only have the OEM plastic forend with no way to mount a bipod on my rifle and can't find a drop-in quad rail replacement. DPMS says that they don't think anyone makes a drop-in quad rail for that rifle.

Feedback Score
    Short rail. 6 5/8 in