Thread: Any input on stance or anything else?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic1 View Post
    I'll disagree on draw speed.

If you want to be fast you have to train at speed. Speed is not something that suddenly develops if you practice a smooth and controlled draw for a set period of time.

You will stumble and mess up getting there, but you need to dry fire against a difficult par time, let's say 1 second, and work toward reaching that goal.
    Sure, slow down once in a while to fine tune technique, but to get fast you need to develop your hand speed - having a difficult time to work against is the best method I have seen to date.

Also, do not pull the trigger when using this method - many will race the trigger pull to make the par time and that throws the rest out the window. Draw, get a sight picture.

I am pretty consistent drawing and getting a sight picture in 0,8 seconds at a 7 yard target.
    You did not understand what I meant, or maybe I'm not understanding what you meant.

You build speed as your form improves. You need to be able to do the task correctly before you add speed. No one said anything about not training at speed, you need to have developed form to be consistent.

I work off index points and know where I want to be at each stage of the draw.

The thing that trips up some folks may be what you are alluding to, they don't push themselves to failure and then back off to last success as their new start point.

Another thing is accepting less than optimal results in practice which just ingrains bad habits.

EAT - Reference hand speed (since I just digested that part of your post) work it in stages and from different variables - start IPSC surrender to index touch, to hand PROPER retention release and PROPER hand placement on the weapon - user a timer to work to your par focus on driving the hand to the index touch, not just moving it; once you are making par move your start point - arm extended forward at shoulder height, arm extended forward as if opening a doorknob, etc.

But for the complete product, first you need to have the optimal draw grooved.

JMO YMMV
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 04-20-17 at 18:36.