Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 87 of 87

Thread: Any input on stance or anything else?

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    SETX
    Posts
    233
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    I'm taking an advanced pistol class in 12 days. Of all the suggestions in here, what would be the one or two things I should work on pre class? I was thinking trigger control and drawing.....

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    You mentioned that you went to a Vickers course, right? I didn't even think to mention it, but did he cover drawing in it?
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

    "It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    1,116
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Show up with an open mind, don't be afraid to ask questions, don't be afraid to perform below any other students, and take notes during the lectures. Don't just do like most guys and nod your head and forget everything in 5 days.
    #NoSzechuanNoPeace
    #NineSeasons

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    520
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5whiskey View Post
    You mentioned that you went to a Vickers course, right? I didn't even think to mention it, but did he cover drawing in it?
    He did a little. It was more of hand/finger placement and when to flip the safety off. He was more concerned on accuracy and trigger control though. The class I'm going to is his advanced pistol. He is the only instructor that comes up to this part of the world that is within driving distance.

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    SETX
    Posts
    233
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If that's the case, why not ask him for his input in between training? Is he approachable for questions like that? I've never taken a course of his, so I wouldn't know.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

    "It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    520
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5whiskey View Post
    If that's the case, why not ask him for his input in between training? Is he approachable for questions like that? I've never taken a course of his, so I wouldn't know.
    He seemed to be, to a point. The class had some serious mouth breathers in it. It was my first class and I didn't want to be "that guy". I feel a lot more comfortable now

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    SETX
    Posts
    233
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    He seemed to be, to a point. The class had some serious mouth breathers in it. It was my first class and I didn't want to be "that guy". I feel a lot more comfortable now
    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Well, hopefully "those guys" will be at more of a minimum in this one. Have fun!
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

    "It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    520
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5whiskey View Post
    Well, hopefully "those guys" will be at more of a minimum in this one. Have fun!
    I am looking forward to it. I'm probably going to be that guy

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •