Thread: Any input on stance or anything else?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    Nice shooting ... clearly you're a fast learner!

My gut reaction to that group is that you can start giving up on the front site, if wanting to practice for SD shooting. Try just focusing on threat, not your sights. That's what happens anyways in a real SD shooting ... people interviewed after surviving a shooting don't remember ever seeing their gun, just the bad guy.

You can "afford" larger group for SD ... focus on your sights, think of the knuckle of your trigger finger and your support thumb as pointers. Point them at the target and fire. Rachet up the speed until you're about paper plate accurate at 7 yards.

You'll be a dangerous man with that skill under your belt.

Then, have two targets side by side and pop each twice and move back & forth between the two, quickly, without sights. That's my basic SD shooting drill.

Congrats again on some nice shootin'!
    Thanks for the insight. I had used the thumbs to help get in target, but not the knuckle. I put my finger into the trigger guard about 2/3 of the way into extension. I do dry fire quite a bit at night and in the morning. My problem is that danged head jerk though. I was trying to focus on the front sight to make sure I wasn't flinching and trying to follow through the shot, is their something better to do to accomplish the same thing?

I think I developed that head jerking thing while running against the timer. But did notice I wasn't using sights just feel. To speed up and keep from head jerking, any thoughts?

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ubet; 03-28-17 at 21:59.