Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dpms recon ??,

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    Sounds like an ammo issue. My guess is he is using Hornady Super Performance. Does the problem occur with other ammunition brands? I have a DPMS Gen 2 Hunter with 20 inch barrel. I run fairly stout 165 and 168 grain hand loads for elk. Never had an issue with blown primers or reliability, MOA or better with most ammo, it has a nice 2 stage trigger, weighs just over 7 lbs with a carbine receiver extension and is just slightly longer than my 16 inch 5.56 carbines. There is nothing else out there that I am aware of at any price that offers such a slim and lightweight receiver.
    If it's Superformance Hornady ammo, you probably solved the problem. Read the box and their website. Hornady has a caution about using 308 Superformance ammo in AR semis because of the preasures involved. You can't just shoot any old 308 in a gas gun. No one calls an M14 or M1 Garand junk just because you can't use any old powder to reload. The DPMS Recon is NOT your typical DPMS of older times. They are better and this was reengineered under Remington. Mine is flawless and an under MOA rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 09stanggt View Post
    Was this Hornady Superformance ammo by any chance?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Oh, you're welcome.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123