So I started out with a few 357 Magnums. I swore I wouldn't go higher. For years he joked saying he would convert me. I refused. Then one day I said I thought I was ready. I saw one at a gun show and almost bought it. My friend sold me his 44 Magnum Performance Center 629 7.5" Hunter with an Aimpoint H1, a Dillon Progressive and reloading supplies (powder, bullets, primer and cases). An offer I couldn't refuse.

I took to it well and realized it wasn't that bad.

Then I wondered what all the hype was for larger revolvers. I traded for a 454 Casull, and realized that recoil was not bad. It was loud, but not unpleasant. It was fun, and I got an adrenaline rush.

So I stepped up to the 500 S&W. Again, not bad in the length I chose, 6.5". Very accurate. Very powerful.

But I felt a gap. I wanted velocity and power, too. I figured I could use something flatter shooting which could also be used for hunting. So I had to get the 460 XVR.

I'm configuring everything with Red Dots. Two have Aimpoints. But I tried a Primary Arms Advanced Microdot, and it's taking the recoil of the Smith 500 like a champ. They're rated for high velocity like 12 gauges and 308. I put 35 rounds through my 500. Super fun. I would have shot more if I had more.

Obviously I will be reloading for these revolvers. I just ordered dies for the 460. I already have the equipment for the 44, Casull and 500.

I found that the recoil of the Smith 640 357 Magnum with full house 357 is about the same as my super magnums. The 357 is my carry gun...along with a Glock 19 MOS /RMR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk