Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Any M1 Garand Enthusiasts Here?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would love another M1, had to sell my Springfield when we moved six years ago. I still have a can full of M2 ball on En blocs waiting and ready!! They're scare around here sadly, and when one does pop up for sale it's either super high price or gone in 30 seconds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    I would love another M1, had to sell my Springfield when we moved six years ago. I still have a can full of M2 ball on En blocs waiting and ready!! They're scare around here sadly, and when one does pop up for sale it's either super high price or gone in 30 seconds.
    Sorry about that, but have you tried http://forums.thecmp.org/ ? There's usually a steady pace of M1s for sale, and since most of them came from the CMP program and the forum members know what they sold for, the prices are not inflated. Take a look see and see what you think. I don't think you need to register to view posts.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The M1 was my first rifle and would be the last one i ever part with. I never met my grandfather and like to think my M1 was in his hands at some point.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gigawatt View Post
    The M1 was my first rifle and would be the last one i ever part with. I never met my grandfather and like to think my M1 was in his hands at some point.
    My Gramps never would talk about the war. It was a very taboo subject with him. He would talk about boot camp, and that he went over on the Queen Elizabeth II. I never knew what he carried, or what his preferred arm was. I wish I had asked. I like to think he's smiling down when I pull a Garand or 1911 out of the safe though.

I recently received a Winchester Field Grade Garand from the CMP, and I'm so glad I ordered it. I have a wartime six digit Springfield, and now having a wartime Winchester is just the bees knees to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gigawatt View Post
    Yep, I agree! Handed my Korean War Vet Father in Law my Garand ... told him to close his eyes. He said "the M1" right away like he was holding his own, like no years had passed.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    [QUOTE=PattonWasRight;2482315]I'll check that book out, thanks.

Great picture! The rifle that helped free the world from tyranny.

I've hooked up with a buddy that shoots a lot of matches, and shoots well. Looking forward to picking pointers from him. What's the "egg timer hold?"[/QUOTE]

We use to call it the follow through drill, egg timer drill, hard hold drill, etc. Set an egg timer to ring at 2 minutes. Start the timer, build a good offhand position and when the front sight has the least amount of wobble verify the wobble area is centered on target or the target is centered in the wobble area. If necessary, move your rearward foot until you center the target inside the wobble area. Establish respiratory pause, press the trigger to the rear, then hold your position and the trigger to the rear until the timer goes off. Breath as necessary while holding, then re-establish a respiratory pause until the timer goes off.

Perform the drill until you get the shakes or get tired. Some people will perform the drill 5 to 6 times before they move onto to something else. Once you get use to the drill, you may be able to perform it 20 times in a row before stopping. The drill teaches you to wait for minimal front sight movement and follow through after the shot is fired. You should be able to call your shot.
    Last edited by T2C; 09-15-17 at 21:34.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    My Gramps never would talk about the war. It was a very taboo subject with him. He would talk about boot camp, and that he went over on the Queen Elizabeth II. I never knew what he carried, or what his preferred arm was. I wish I had asked. I like to think he's smiling down when I pull a Garand or 1911 out of the safe though.

I recently received a Winchester Field Grade Garand from the CMP, and I'm so glad I ordered it. I have a wartime six digit Springfield, and now having a wartime Winchester is just the bees knees to me.
    Just picking nits, here, but I think you mean the RMS Queen Elizabeth. The RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 wasn't launched until 1967.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456