G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7mm-300 Win Mag

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I just watched the video. he explained the "300 brass is necked down to 7mm". I honestly thought that was what 7 rem mag was. How different is 7mm vs 300wm brass. What do you gain? What are the ballistics?

Learn me up.

PB
    I believe the 7mm Rem is shorter and tapered differently. The .300 has maybe 10% more powder capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We are sending a 208 AMAX over 3,000 fps and a 225 ELD over 2900fps with 300WM. Gotta wonder what this bad boy will do and can it beat those ballistics. It is interesting. I favor heavy bullets and longer barrel life but it sounds cool.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I just watched the video. he explained the "300 brass is necked down to 7mm". I honestly thought that was what 7 rem mag was. How different is 7mm vs 300wm brass. What do you gain? What are the ballistics?

Learn me up.

PB
    7mm Practical

http://www.ballisticstudies.com/Know...Practical.html

7mm Remington Magnum at left, Practical on right.

I always thought the .270 Winchester was the worlds best non-belted magnum.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    I believe the 7mm Rem is shorter and tapered differently. The .300 has maybe 10% more powder capacity.
    I guess if someone was really in love with 7mm and wanted more... We played with 7 mag for a little, but it never really grabbed us.
    "You people have too much time on your hands." - scottryan

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I guess if someone was really in love with 7mm and wanted more... We played with 7 mag for a little, but it never really grabbed us.
    I'm considering a 7mm Norma personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."

Feedback Score
    Looks like Bigedp51 beat me to it. Thanks for posting that link. I prob should have posted it in my original post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12