G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: 7mm-300 Win Mag

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,797
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I just watched the video. he explained the "300 brass is necked down to 7mm". I honestly thought that was what 7 rem mag was. How different is 7mm vs 300wm brass. What do you gain? What are the ballistics?

    Learn me up.

    PB
    I believe the 7mm Rem is shorter and tapered differently. The .300 has maybe 10% more powder capacity.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    3,576
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We are sending a 208 AMAX over 3,000 fps and a 225 ELD over 2900fps with 300WM. Gotta wonder what this bad boy will do and can it beat those ballistics. It is interesting. I favor heavy bullets and longer barrel life but it sounds cool.

    PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    304
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I just watched the video. he explained the "300 brass is necked down to 7mm". I honestly thought that was what 7 rem mag was. How different is 7mm vs 300wm brass. What do you gain? What are the ballistics?

    Learn me up.

    PB
    7mm Practical

    http://www.ballisticstudies.com/Know...Practical.html



    7mm Remington Magnum at left, Practical on right.

    I always thought the .270 Winchester was the worlds best non-belted magnum.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    24,509
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    I believe the 7mm Rem is shorter and tapered differently. The .300 has maybe 10% more powder capacity.
    I guess if someone was really in love with 7mm and wanted more... We played with 7 mag for a little, but it never really grabbed us.
    "You people have too much time on your hands." - scottryan

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,797
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I guess if someone was really in love with 7mm and wanted more... We played with 7 mag for a little, but it never really grabbed us.
    I'm considering a 7mm Norma personally.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    A Cardboard Box
    Posts
    1,585
    Feedback Score
    0
    Looks like Bigedp51 beat me to it. Thanks for posting that link. I prob should have posted it in my original post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •