Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SiCo Tri Lug Adapter very loose

Feedback Score

SiCo Tri Lug Adapter very loose

So I just installed a SiCo tri-lug connector on my Octane 45 for use on some PCC SBRs and the fit from the connector to the tri lug adapter on the barrel is super loose. The can wiggles around enough that I'm afraid to use it with my Scorpion EVO and AR9s. I put my Griffin Armament tri lug connector on my SiCo Octane and the fit is nice and tight with very little wiggle on the can. Has anyone else noticed the loose fit of the SiCo tri lug connector to tri lug adapter? I think I'm going to order another Griffin tri lug connector and sell the SiCo one the wobble is horrendous.

Also I was using a CNCWarrior?? 9mm Bore alignment rod to check for alignment and the wobble was so bad the rod could touch the edge of the 45 end cap. Is this something SiCo would replace or is it normal?
    Last edited by st381183; 03-31-17 at 21:27.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I had the same issues with my SiCo tri lug setup on my mpx. I returned it so SiCo and went with Griffin components.
    Lock up has been great and no issues after several thousand rounds.
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

Feedback Score
    That's what I am planning on doing.

Feedback Score
    I would recommend the Rugged Obsidian 3 lug over the Griffin. The same guy designed both the Octane and Obsidian after all.

Feedback Score
    I have a rugged three lug that I also tried on my octane. Also very wobbly. Might be better on the Obsidian but the Obsidian. Is in jail still

Feedback Score
    Get one from Griffin. Nice and tight, absolutely no wobble...as I would think it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have a Griffin, Rugged, and the SiCo 3-lug mount. Of the three the Griffin works the best and the reason is the beefy spring that applies the pressure to the three lug adapter on the barrel. Of the three mounts, the Griffin has the best lock up and least amount of play in the silencer. I bought the SiCo mount right after I bought the suppressor fearing lack of availability. I am hoping SiCo will refund my money. If not, I may experiment with different lock springs and see if I can't get the SiCo mount to lock up better on the lugs. Or I may just throw it up on GunBroker and sell it to someone who might actually enjoy using it. I actually liked the SiCo mount because it would slip under my super slim rail on my AR9 but the wobble is truly excessive. I probably wouldn't have a baffle or end cap strike but the suppressor rod touches and stays touching on all my platforms.

***EDIT: Oh, and I just purchased a second Griffin 3-lug mount tonight so I can safely run both cans. Better a little more erosion on baffles you can rotate and then replace than potentially having a strike and sending the can off and losing confidence in the entire system.
    Last edited by st381183; 04-02-17 at 01:17.

Feedback Score
    So Silencerco sent me a new tri lug mount to try out which was pretty nice of them. I tried it out and again the tri lug mount is very loose with a lot of wobble. The common issue that both of the Silencerco tri lug mounts have is not enough spring pressure to really lock up the mount to the barrel adapter. The Griffin tri lug mount is a beast with a strong spring and has become my preferred tri lug mount for my Octane. The Griffin mount is rock solid and shaves over an inch from the overall length of the silencer. If Silencerco would use a stronger spring the looseness of the tri lug mount would be eliminated. I like the narrowness of the Silencerco tri lug mount because it will slip under a super slim hand guard on my AR9 pistol but it is a lot easier to buy a new hand guard than risk a baffle and/or end cap strike. I may be worrying too much about this but there is so much wobble my Octane 45 will easily touch the bore alignment rod when the silencer is mounted with the Silencerco tri lug mount. This probably explains all the end cap strikes on the Octane 45 that used the limited produced 9mm endcap.

Feedback Score
    I have SilencerCo, Griffin, Rugged, AAC, and Dead Air 3 lugs. They all wobble and rotate to some degree and none have had any problems. True, SilencerCo has the most wobble, the others are all about equal. Still... no problems with the wiggly SilencerCo mount. I wouldn't worry about it.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Has anyone here tried their new tri lug?
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast