Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whiskey and wrenching part 2: 11.5 hard use suppressed training

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Whiskey and wrenching part 2: 11.5 hard use suppressed training

This portion of whiskey and wrenching is actually brought to you this time by glenfarclas 17 year scotch.

New training rig to shake out and review different items. I’ll be shooting this upper for the remaining of the training calendar until I kill the barrel. I’ll be keeping a meticulous round count and will be updating the group in round counts of 2,000.

Control groups will be shot with 223 fiocchi 77 grain. Barrel will be considered shot out if it can’t hold under 3 moa. Barrel will be cleaned every 1000 rounds and when the barrel goes past 2 moa my gun Smith will start tracking throat and gas port erosion.

Upper:
    Stripped hodge upper
    Solgw upper parts kit
    Solgw 11.5 barrel (review)
    Solgw bcg
    Radian short charging handle
    Slr gas block
    Geissele mk4 federal rail
    Kac mams
    Kac qdc 556 can
    Holosun 503 (review)
    Aimpoint 3x-c mag
    Scalarworks mount (review)
    Modlite tbd (review)
    Mawl

Lower:
    Lmt stripped Mars lower
    Solgw lower parts kit
    Larue mbt trigger (review)
    sba3

Attachment 58336
    Last edited by Furbyballer; 08-03-19 at 20:20.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Please include examples of your firing schedule. Example: you ran the VTAC 1-5 ten times within 30 minutes and for most of your range visit the barrel stays too hot to comfortably touch. I'm curious as to how long your barrel will last, and at what firing schedule, esp with the suppressor.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Please include examples of your firing schedule. Example: you ran the VTAC 1-5 ten times within 30 minutes and for most of your range visit the barrel stays too hot to comfortably touch. I'm curious as to how long your barrel will last, and at what firing schedule, esp with the suppressor.
    Shouldn’t be hard to work into my notes.

Feedback Score
    Looking forward to the reviews. Are you going to keep updating this thread, or start a separate one?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Looking forward to the reviews. Are you going to keep updating this thread, or start a separate one?
    I will do my best to update this thread. I hope to get the first 500 rounds knocked out tonight and my initial zero group with fiocchi 223 77grain.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    This thread is worthless without pictures of the whiskey.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    This thread is worthless without pictures of the whiskey.
    I’ll work on this tomorrow with part 3 haha. Probably brought to you by eagle rare.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Very cool thread to do, thank you. Is there any end goal your trying to prove or disprove? I would think maybe another control group to get two control groups. You don't have to run those rounds for round count, just a thought. In case the gun doesn't like one brand or another.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Very cool thread to do, thank you. Is there any end goal your trying to prove or disprove? I would think maybe another control group to get two control groups. You don't have to run those rounds for round count, just a thought. In case the gun doesn't like one brand or another.

PB
    These are all pieces and parts that I have been wanting to try for some time. SOLGWs offers the best warranty in the business so I want to see how long one of their barrels will last. As one of only a small percentage of civilian shooters that has burned a barrel or 2 I want to see if its worth the hype on the journey. Same goes for the holosun, ive been hearing decent things and reliability but I like to beat the shit out of my stuff so I want to see if it holds zero and handles several thousand rounds in a training season. As far as the control ammo goes, I haven't found a better factory loaded round for consistency than the fiocchi. Maybe blackhills, but the fiocchi is easier to get ahold of. Im not really that interested in tracking or pushing extreme accuracy out of this barrel, just tracking group size as a function of barrel wear, but I get your point. I zeroed it for the first time put the first 90 rounds through it yesterday with wolf gold.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Sounds good. You will alway be able to test accuracy with various ammo with or without a control baseline. Because we know quality ammo doesn't shoot 3 moa out of most quality guns. Let the firefight begin.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast