Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Options for Shortening a SBR - LAW vs. PDW Stock

Feedback Score
    LWRC UCIW gets my vote.

It's short, affordable, and legitimately a good stock. It's much more pleasant to shoot than PWD type options.

Feedback Score
    I have the older Troy PDW stock on a 300 9". It works, and I have not had reliability issues.

That said I get more chamber pop when suppressing it than I have seen with the exact same can (Surefire 300 SPS) being used on the exact same upper (BCM) when used with a more traditional type stock. I believe that this is a result of the lighter weight of the BCG & Buffer combo when compared to a more traditional setup. That might be a consideration if you intend to suppress it.

Other than that the stock is uncomfortable to use and if you do long range day can leave a bruise on your cheek similar to an underfolder AK. Based on the images of the newer Troy stock that issue has likely been resolved.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I have a LAW Gen 3. I'd say it works well enough.
    It will add a little weight to the gun, but at the rear, that's not such a big deal.
    The only thing I occasionally worry about is it the bolt carrier extension piece may eventually start falling out the back of the gun when folded, after it's seen some long term use. I guess time will tell.

It was an absolute breeze to install too- if you watch their video, and test- fit it beforehand, should take you about 10 minutes.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    The only thing I occasionally worry about is it the bolt carrier extension piece may eventually start falling out the back of the gun when folded, after it's seen some long term use. I guess time will tell.
    I don't own a LAW, but from videos I've seen I don't see how that's possible. It looks like a piece blocks the extension from falling out, then swings out of the way when the stock is unfolded.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    I don't own a LAW, but from videos I've seen I don't see how that's possible. It looks like a piece blocks the extension from falling out, then swings out of the way when the stock is unfolded.
    That is correct. The extension is blocked by the folding adapter, until the stock is in the extended position.
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    PDW stocks look sexy but aren't nearly as comfortable to shoulder and cheek weld as a normal stock... if you want short the UICW is good or go with the LAW

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the Troy PDW stock (based off the NEA one) with a 8.5" Noveske .300 blackout upper. It works great so far both unsuppressed and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You should check out the DFA Modified Cycle System also. They have both left and right side folding models and can even be fired when collapsed.

http://www.deadfootarms.com/products...d-cycle-system

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12