Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Super Charging Handle; looks can be deceiving

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I not a fan of the extended latch. My father wanted one when I was helping him pick parts. I'd never used one until his came in. Using it with a sling isn't terrible but I definitely would spend for a raptor over the extended ones. The addition forces to the sides while using them I could see becoming a problem but he doesn't shoot enough to break anything.
    I was made quite painfully aware there are wrong ways to charge an ambi handle when a fair bit of my middle finger nail peeled back on a few occasions. After that I started using the handle essentially like a standard one. Now I wonder what I could have done with the extra $150. That could cover a geissele 2 stage.

The ones I feel for with the standard handle are the lefties. Actually the whole gun seems pretty tough for them to use.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokie View Post
    The ones I feel for with the standard handle are the lefties. Actually the whole gun seems pretty tough for them to use.
    It's not so bad, just a different manual of arms rather than an actual mirror of the right side like it is with the latest ambi-parts.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    LDFA was created for this reason I wouldn't characterize it as the wrong way, it's a matter of the FA not being designed with the ambidextrous charging handle in mind. If you use the charging handle with two fingers, or if you're a lefty, and use the index finger to hook the right latch, the FA's rim is in the direct path. One would have to consciously hold the latch to avoid the rim.

When the round FA was introduced, ambi charging handles didn't exist. It's common enough that a well thought new part makes another existing part hard to use, or comes in conflict with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokie View Post
    I was made quite painfully aware there are wrong ways to charge an ambi handle when a fair bit of my middle finger nail peeled back on a few occasions

Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    Very interesting thread, it's very helpful to hear such a wide variety of opinions. We (Radian) have a number of new Raptor variants in development as we speak, some of which a few of you in this thread will appreciate. We should begin rolling them out in about 3-4 weeks, staring with the SIG MPX.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I'm a huge BCM fanboy, but it does pinch every now and then and the ACH looks perfect. They need to hurry up and send it over to Brownells.
    ACH are on sale direct from Geissele for $71.20 shipped. Just picked up one in black as my one and only Memorial Day Sale purchase. I think it'll go well my 11.5 SBR that I shoot suppressed a lot and I'll move the SCH on that over to another AR that previously had a BCM on it. I think I'll need to start selling off the BCMs now.

https://geissele.com/airborne-charging-handle.html

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    ACH are on sale direct from Geissele for $71.20 shipped. Just picked up one in black as my one and only Memorial Day Sale purchase. I think it'll go well my 11.5 SBR that I shoot suppressed a lot and I'll move the SCH on that over to another AR that previously had a BCM on it. I think I'll need to start selling off the BCMs now.

Holy shit they must have added more. This morning they were all sold out. Thank you.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post

Nice, reading through this thread I was thinking of trying the ACH. I'm a big fan of my AXTS Raptor and ordered my BCM with their ambi, but it still needs to get broken in. The BCM doesn't release as smoothly as my raptor does.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Holy shit they must have added more. This morning they were all sold out. Thank you.
    You're welcome - I saw the same thing this morning, sold out but decided to check again this afternoon and bam, they had refilled the availability, apparently.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I am just curious, besides the name what does Geissele's charging handle offer that Badger Ordnance's does not?

http://www.badgerordnance.com/m16-m1...ed-rifles.html

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    I am just curious, besides the name what does Geissele's charging handle offer that Badger Ordnance's does not?

http://www.badgerordnance.com/m16-m1...ed-rifles.html
    That same question could be posed the other way around. I think that it's fair to say that there are a lot of solid options on the market right now, and for that we are very fortunate. Pick whichever one you prefer. They're both great products.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast