Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Super Charging Handle; looks can be deceiving

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Where is everyone getting the BCM Mod 44 for 2/3 the cost of the others? I paid $80 shipped for the Geissele. BCM wanted $85 for the Mod 44 buying it direct and Brownell's wanted $80. Midway was out of stock

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by capt46wfd View Post
    Where is everyone getting the BCM Mod 44 for 2/3 the cost of the others? I paid $80 shipped for the Geissele. BCM wanted $85 for the Mod 44 buying it direct and Brownell's wanted $80. Midway was out of stock
    Here's one place. $67.99

I've been buying from them for years - never a problem.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We have them in stock as well, for MAP of $68.35. You can email me for a free shipping code
    http://forwardcontrolsdesign.com/BCM...56mm_p_47.html
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    We have them in stock as well, for MAP of $68.35. You can email me for a free shipping code
    http://forwardcontrolsdesign.com/BCM...56mm_p_47.html
    Great price, free shipping and supporting an M4C brother. It doesn't get much better than that.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Have you tried the BCM Mod44? (Ambi version) When I'm running my guns, between the four types of ambi ch that I own, I can hardly tell the difference in use with the only exception being the Avalanche which has the knurled cylindrical handles attached.
    No I haven't - honestly the Mod 4 has been known to pinch my ungloved fingers (normal size, nothing out of the ordinary) when using it. I find the $20 extra on the Geissele (if that much) to be a no brainer. I've bought them all on sale, usually 20-25% off so the price difference is negligible. I think $75 or $80 for each one I bought.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 04-02-17 at 15:27.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    No I haven't - honestly the Mod 4 has been known to pinch my ungloved fingers (normal size, nothing out of the ordinary) when using it. I find the $20 extra on the Geissele (if that much) to be a no brainer. I've bought them all on sale, usually 20-25% off so the price difference is negligible. I think $75 or $80 for each one I bought.
    Exactly, same here. I've had a couple Mod 4 and can't see a 44 with my Raptors and Geissele (which I got at 30% off from PA during Black Friday). The BCM is quality without question, just I don't think it is on the same level as the other two, hence the price difference which can be minimized via smart, patient shopping.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    The only reason I purchased my Geissele was due to the Primary Arms sale which made it like 71.00 (I saw some other items I needed so free shipping was in order). I had wanted to try it and based on some stuff I read and experience with other Geissele items it was a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Exactly, same here. I've had a couple Mod 4 and can't see a 44 with my Raptors and Geissele (which I got at 30% off from PA during Black Friday). The BCM is quality without question, just I don't think it is on the same level as the other two, hence the price difference which can be minimized via smart, patient shopping.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I was the same - that large latch dug into me when my rifle is slung but for some reason the Mod 44 doesn't seem to bother me. But like I said, in practical use (gloved hands mostly), I hardly can tell any difference between the Mod 44, Raptor and Geissele.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_alexanian View Post
    It was a joke man, relax.
    If you are looking to joke, try arfcom, it has more than its fair share of clowns. If you are looking for actual firearm information, you are in the right place. It sounds like you are here to troll, but on the off chance you aren't, welcome to the board.

Regarding the various charging handles, there really are only 2 upgrades which are realistic and IMHO will hold the test of time. That would be the standard middle sized BCM and the Raptor. The BCM is so good there really isn't a reason not to outfit every fighting gun with them. The Raptor is the best of the ambi handles, and I don't say that with any malice or slight towards any of the others out there, the Raptor simply nailed the design early on, and knocked it out of the park. Each and every ambi which has come out afterwards has failed to attain the same level of acceptance within the firearm community.

Geissele may be able to reach the acceptance which the Raptor has, but it is starting out behind the curve. Radian (formerly AXTS) has the ability to modify their design with extended latches, or whatever else and will retain the acceptance it has established over the years. I own all of the above, and am not a lefty in general shooting. I have trained for a long time to use either hand, or operate the weapon single handed (or single off hand) as needed. Everyone will have a personal preference, the above is simply mine based on my own training and uses, training others, and work/ knowledge within the industry.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

Regarding the various charging handles, there really are only 2 upgrades which are realistic and IMHO will hold the test of time. That would be the standard middle sized BCM and the Raptor. The BCM is so good there really isn't a reason not to outfit every fighting gun with them. The Raptor is the best of the ambi handles, and I don't say that with any malice or slight towards any of the others out there, the Raptor simply nailed the design early on, and knocked it out of the park. Each and every ambi which has come out afterwards has failed to attain the same level of acceptance within the firearm community.

Geissele may be able to reach the acceptance which the Raptor has, but it is starting out behind the curve. Radian (formerly AXTS) has the ability to modify their design with extended latches, or whatever else and will retain the acceptance it has established over the years. I own all of the above, and am not a lefty in general shooting. I have trained for a long time to use either hand, or operate the weapon single handed (or single off hand) as needed. Everyone will have a personal preference, the above is simply mine based on my own training and uses, training others, and work/ knowledge within the industry.
    Stick, are you implying that Raptor has a design/function advantage over the Geissele? Or, are you just stating that they have a marketplace advantage by virtue of being first by a good margin, and thus having cemented itself early, and having more users and use hours under it's belt? Serious question, not meant to be bait.

I have a bunch of Raptors, and that is my standard now because it is possibly/probably the most durable available. I previously used he BCM, and the Raptor is more user friendly for me. I have not handled the Geissele, so I have no basis for comparison with it, thus my question. Does the Raptor have some durability advantage over the Geissele because of it's design, or about equal and it just comes down to an ergonomic preference?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast