Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Super Charging Handle; looks can be deceiving

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I am talking about the Charging Handle. The Forward assist.... I don't think I've ever used. Maybe a tap here or there after a press check, but I have had Forward Assists CAUSE more issues than they've solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Are you talking about the CH or FA?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shalazaar View Post
    I am talking about the Charging Handle. The Forward assist.... I don't think I've ever used. Maybe a tap here or there after a press check, but I have had Forward Assists CAUSE more issues than they've solved.
    How did a forward assist cause an issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The SCH is great but I'm liking the more subtle ACH.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    How did a forward assist cause an issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Pawl broke and jammed the carrier in the upper. It was a catastrophic failure. Weapon was broke hard. Had to cut the end of the upper in half to relieve the pressure. I was running a BCM gunfighter CH but no matter what CH I would've been running, nothing I had on the range was gonna fix that issue.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shalazaar View Post
    The Pawl broke and jammed the carrier in the upper. It was a catastrophic failure. Weapon was broke hard. Had to cut the end of the upper in half to relieve the pressure. I was running a BCM gunfighter CH but no matter what CH I would've been running, nothing I had on the range was gonna fix that issue.
    Was it a BCM upper?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    It was a Colt Upper. I can't seem to find the pics. It happened a few years ago now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just installed the sch on my 6.8 build and i really like how it feels. Granted the build is not finshed, but i have cycled the bolt quite a bit.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've used it on one of my Noveske uppers (I have one of the first Gen 3's that came with Raptors, a second lower I received later on had the SCH) and like the feel of it more than others I've tried. Not a dig against the Raptor or Gunfighter, I won't be replacing them anytime soon, but for new purchases I would be more likely than not grab a Geissele. I have an Airborne version on the way and will report when I get some rounds downrange.

From my experience, Geissele thinks everything out very well. They don't make something just for the sake of it. Similarly, Roger from Forward Control is the same way. Had a long chat with him via email last week.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have a couple Raptors but I prefer the $25 colt CH.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nothing wrong with factory charging handles, we were all stuck with it until something better came along. The worst thing that happened to charging handles is these oversized latches, in my opinion. The long lever puts out more torque on the same charging handle body that was designed to be used with a short latch/lever.

When AXTS came out with the Raptor where the latch is the handle, it solved that problem.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast