Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suppressed sbr and optics.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a T1 and T2 on both 10.5" guns, and an NXS 1-4 on my 12.5" GP rifle. I greatly prefer the NXS 1-4, but my astigmatism is pretty bad.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have 2 SBR's and 3 uppers. 10.2" (5.56) has an Aimpoint Pro and Aimpoint 3X Magnifier. The 10.5 (300BO) has a Vortex 1-6X Strike Eagle. My 11.5 currently has irons but I can put the Aimpoint on it and only have to adjust a 2 clicks in elevation to zero it so I haven't bought one for it. Thinking about trying one of those Holosuns or just spending and getting another PRO.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I have 5 SBR's and 4 of them have EOTechs. One without has a Bushnell SMRS 1-8.5x 24mm. That one is also a 12.5" SS barrel and I use it as a compact precision set up.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Of my 2 SBR's each has an Aimpoint. the 9in 300blk has a comp m2 and the 11.5 BCM has a micro. The third build will probably be 12.5 and an acog. I do prefer the Micro over the comp m2 just for size. The comp m2 looks massive on the 9in rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    Curious on people's thoughts about about sbr's in the 556, 10.5-12.5 range and what optic would you pick?
    I haven't read the whole thread but my suggestion would be an Elcan Spectre DR. I have the 1/4 on a 10.3" rifle and it works well as a red dot or a 4x magnified optic. On low power variables I find that I don't really need the continuous zoom between 1-4 power so the quick switch on the Elcan is great. You can also piggyback an rmr type sight and it comes with small, mostly useless iron sights on the top. Only downside is it's a little heavy and a little pricey (still less than the short dot).
    Other than that I usually run a red dot on SBRs with the exception of my Scar 17 which has a compact 2-10x and rmr piggybacked.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I have 5 SBR's and 4 of them have EOTechs. One without has a Bushnell SMRS 1-8.5x 24mm. That one is also a 12.5" SS barrel and I use it as a compact precision set up.
    Man oh man, I would love to run that bushnell 1-8 optic. I have an SPR and a 11.5 gun that dons an ACOG right now that would enjoy that Bushy. How do you like it, and how do you run it ?
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Man oh man, I would love to run that bushnell 1-8 optic. I have an SPR and a 11.5 gun that dons an ACOG right now that would enjoy that Bushy. How do you like it, and how do you run it ?
    I love that scope. It is perfect for the application that I use it for. I call it my Urban SPR. It is compact and maneuverable with the SS 12.5" barrel. In addition to that it is very accurate with MK262 and my AAC Mini 4 can. I like the scope because on 1X it is easy to use as a reflex sight because of the tube size. The recital on 8.5X is big and works well for hold over. I would have preferred a Horus 59 but that would have upped the price a lot. I have had it for over 2 years now and it is one of my favorite scope that I have ever had.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    I have a 2MOA aimpoint on my LMT 10.5 556 upper I don't plan on going long with this setup so it works for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ave8er View Post
    I have this RDS on my 9" BCM .300blk, I like it so far.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast