Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: So I've Figured Out That I Want a 1911. Now What?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Sorry man, 1911s are an expensive game. I would pick up a few Wilson Combat 47 Series mags. You can generally find them for $30-$35.
    Good mags are mandatory, I've never even used the Colt mags that came with my XSE LW Commander.

I have 6 Wilson ETM mags, top shelf stuff. Brownells had them on sale for $26.95 each.
    Wilson recently had a sale on their website for that same price. Just shop around.
    Glock 19 Gen 5
    Colt Combat Commander

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Guncrafter Industries. https://guncrafterindustries.com/custom-handguns/

Little known, incredible pistols, awesome value.

Alex Zimmernann in my opinion is the current reigning World's Leading Genius of the 1911. He is a friend, yes.... but he was all this first and it is no less true.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Gulp... I sure hope those are what seem to be working for most people. Those are what I planned on running lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    I have ran the Kim pro tac mags and they were ok. But I'm switching to the Wilson Vickers mags
    No problem, what sold me was their description ... testing & refinement of their product.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Right, because if you read the thread you would know that the OP already made his purchase.
    The OP hasn't posted since post #17 in the thread. On the other hand, the poster who announced his purchase of the RIA entered the thread at post #24.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    "Askhole" the person that ask your opinions, and opinions of many, wears your ass out gaining knowledge. Then ignores everything he has been told. ASKHOLE !
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Guncrafter Industries. https://guncrafterindustries.com/custom-handguns/

Little known, incredible pistols, awesome value.

Alex Zimmernann in my opinion is the current reigning World's Leading Genius of the 1911. He is a friend, yes.... but he was all this first and it is no less true.
    Ned, Im glad to hear you say that, Ive often wondered. How is there warranty and Customer service?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by capt46wfd View Post
    The OP hasn't posted since post #17 in the thread.
    Yep, been 2 weeks and nothing.......
    Glock 19 Gen 5
    Colt Combat Commander

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    "Askhole" the person that ask your opinions, and opinions of many, wears your ass out gaining knowledge. Then ignores everything he has been told. ASKHOLE !
    In 25 years of public safety, I thought I'd heard them all. Thanks for making me crack a smile today Pappabear; love it!!!!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Pappabear, I have not dealt with them at that level. I would assume top notch, knowing the company, but I don't know from experience.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by capt46wfd View Post
    In 25 years of public safety, I thought I'd heard them all. Thanks for making me crack a smile today Pappabear; love it!!!!
    They completely ignore everything told to them. I think half the time, they ask after they bought the cheap gun or whatever. But what the hell, life goes on.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast