Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AK47 and variants

Feedback Score
    I just installed an Ultimak gas tube rail last night! I'm going to try that and see how it goes. The side mount looks like something I'll break. I've done a bunch of research and folks are about 50/50 on side mounts versus forward mounts. From what I've read, it's all about personal preference - I don't think either method is "wrong" or "right".

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I own exactly one AK and only for about 5 months so take my opinion as such but I am going to give another vote for Ultimak if you are running a micro style red dot. If you buy an H1/T1 pattern, you will get cowitness too. The emitter blocks the sights on some cheap knockoffs. My reasons for liking it; ease of install, simplicity, accommodates a light in the right spot with the appropriate mount and the scout style location.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Going through this now. About to get an aimpoint pro and put it on the rsreg
    I have a T-1 on my RS Regulate mount and love it. What's nice is that you don't have to remove the mount when field-stripping the rifle for cleaning.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I know I'm REALLY late in jumping in, but the best, there is no doubt, can't be beat source for AK info is AK Files. Use Google or another search engine to find the answers you want. The forum search is not so great.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tanker2000 View Post
    I know I'm REALLY late in jumping in, but the best, there is no doubt, can't be beat source for AK info is AK Files. Use Google or another search engine to find the answers you want. The forum search is not so great.

AK Files and the AK Forum both have some knowledgeable folks.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 06-26-17 at 09:17.

Feedback Score
    I have always thought optics on an AK variant just looked a bit 'off'. I do have a PSL with a Russian stock scope on it, but all my other AKs are stock irons. I have an ACE on layaway...might drop something on that one...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I prefer side mounts. Keeps the weight further back. I run TA44, TA33 ACOG's and R1, CompML3 Aimpoints. All on RS Regulate mounts.
    Former LEO (12 years)
    Paramedic
    B-TOMS
    TCCC
    TECC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    AK's are already pretty front heavy. Try the side mount.

TED

Feedback Score
    I have the RS regulate and TWS gen3 and I reccomend them both.

Feedback Score
    go with a side mount. and then get an optic that has a built in mount. i like the russian pka venezuela

DSC02235 by sky patterson, on Flickr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast