Thread: ALG Go Juice for Pistol Light Lens?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

ALG Go Juice for Pistol Light Lens?

Has anyone tried either of the ALG Go-Juice products (original Go-Juice or the 0000 Very Thin Grease) to protect a pistol light lens from tough burned on carbon deposits? Since the 0000 is supposed to be like a grease, I was wondering if it wouldn't be suitable for keeping a thin protective layer on a weapon light lens? Any other recommended products for this?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If lens is polycarbonate or any kind of plastic, Plexus is a great cleaner/protectant/polish.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    If lens is polycarbonate or any kind of plastic, Plexus is a great cleaner/protectant/polish.
    Thanks. The lenses I am looking at are glass.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just use chapstick on my lights when I go to the range, and wipe it off when I am done practicing. Depending on the light position, I put it on the lens and any part of the bezel that is exposed. Most of the lights are either on pistols or SBR/SBS where the light is very close to the muzzle. I haven't had any carbon accumulation since I started doing this. On the one light I shot before I started using chapstick (original Inforce WML) I used a pencil eraser to remove most of the carbon from the lens.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You also can buy a Butler creek clear scope cap and put it on temporarily when you go to the range. Sizes are as follows:

http://www.butlercreek.com/productsI...ver_chart.html

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    If carbon bakes on, rub some toothpaste on the bezel and it comes right off.

Feedback Score
    Been using the Go-Juice on my TLR 1 lens for several years now. Great barrier, but also works really well as a cleaner to remove carbon with no negative effect to the lens.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo 1-1 View Post
    Been using the Go-Juice on my TLR 1 lens for several years now. Great barrier, but also works really well as a cleaner to remove carbon with no negative effect to the lens.
    Thx, Ill give it a try.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    you can use any oil. i've used mobil 1, the crap you get in low end cleaning kits, chapstick in a tube, vaseline, basically whatever is within reach. just don't use saliva, that will dry out and the carbon will bake on.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Its been said a few times now, but I have always just used chapstick. Its cheap, effective, and I usually always have it on me.