Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reset Issue on DDM4 with Tac-Con & SlideFire.......

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Reset Issue on DDM4 with Tac-Con & SlideFire.......

All,
    I want to see if anyone else has had the same issue as me.

I have a DDM4 Carbine that I've had reliably operate with everything I've done to it for years. Has only
    about 500 rounds through it. Over the years, I've added an Adams Arms piston kit, a Tac-Con trigger, and
    changed almost all the furniture on it without any issues at all.

Recently however, I decided to try my Tac-Con trigger in "fun" mode at the same time I had my SlideFire
    stock on in "fun slide" mode. Never tried it before. Every time I did this, my gun would do a very quick 3-round
    burst and fail to reset at that point, repeatedly. After the 3, I would have to recharge every time.

Any suggestions?
    Do I need to change the Adams Arms to "suppressed" mode?
    Do I need to change the standard DD buffer to a different buffer?
    Looking for ideas.

Thanks for the help!
    Beautiful wife & kids, house, and my toys.......what else can a guy ask for?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Try removing all the gimmicky nonsense and see what happens.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Works fine in Standard semi-auto, but that's not the point. Want to try and do a full mag dump with the Tac-Con and SlideFire.
    Does 3-round so fast, I'm wondering what is limiting that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is the trigger outrunning the bolt ? That is an issue common on the "binary firing" gimmicks.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcard600 View Post
    Is the trigger outrunning the bolt ? That is an issue common on the "binary firing" gimmicks.
    That may be. The Tac-Con and the SlideFire both work fine independently in their "fun" modes, but together they are not "synced" for lack of a better term.
    Guess I may need to sell my SlideFire........

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieFlo View Post
    Works fine in Standard semi-auto, but that's not the point. Want to try and do a full mag dump with the Tac-Con and SlideFire.
    Does 3-round so fast, I'm wondering what is limiting that.
    You turned a rock solid AR into a cheap gimmicky range toy. C'mon man. Is wasting ammo by the truckload really that cool?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Where do you guys come from? Let us recap what you said... You had a solid rifle until you tried everything possible to **** it up. You succeeded in ****ing it up and are now looking for sympathy from a crowd who wonders why you ****ed it up in the first place. Do you smoke crack or do you come by your problems naturally?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Where do you guys come from? Let us recap what you said... You had a solid rifle until you tried everything possible to **** it up. You succeeded in ****ing it up and are now looking for sympathy from a crowd who wonders why you ****ed it up in the first place. Do you smoke crack or do you come by your problems naturally?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Take all of the crap off that rifle, block your access to YouTube and cut up your credit card.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    For a group of people (us/firearms enthusiasts) who are constantly targeted and lambasted, we sure do a good job of alienating our own.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 04-04-17 at 20:19.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast