Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reset Issue on DDM4 with Tac-Con & SlideFire.......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    For a group of people (us/firearms enthusiasts) who are constantly targeted and lambasted, we sure do a good job of alienating our own.
    Maybe some should be alienated. I'm not specifically talking about the OP, but the people who carry rifles into Starbucks for shock value definitely come to mind.
    Last edited by Omega9; 04-05-17 at 07:48. Reason: Spell check got me.

Feedback Score
    Harsh advice isn't necessarily bad advice.
    Sell the slidefire. Enjoy a functioning rifle. I have no clue what's going on, my wag would be something out running something else.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieFlo View Post
    All,
    I want to see if anyone else has had the same issue as me.

I have a DDM4 Carbine that I've had reliably operate with everything I've done to it for years. Has only
    about 500 rounds through it. Over the years, I've added an Adams Arms piston kit, a Tac-Con trigger, and
    changed almost all the furniture on it without any issues at all.

Recently however, I decided to try my Tac-Con trigger in "fun" mode at the same time I had my SlideFire
    stock on in "fun slide" mode. Never tried it before. Every time I did this, my gun would do a very quick 3-round
    burst and fail to reset at that point, repeatedly. After the 3, I would have to recharge every time.

Any suggestions?
    Do I need to change the Adams Arms to "suppressed" mode?
    Do I need to change the standard DD buffer to a different buffer?
    Looking for ideas.

Thanks for the help!
    Suggestions:

1.) Remove the idiotic slide fire stock.

2.) Remove the idiotic Tac-Con trigger.

3.) Remove the idiotic Adams Arms piston nonsense.

4.) Return your carbine to stock configuration as designed and assembled by people that know what they are doing.

5.) Return, if possible, all that stupid shit you bought.

6.) Use the money you hopefully recover by returning the stupid shit to enroll in a basic carbine operator course with a reputable instructor.

7.) Obtain a 16-20oz framing hammer or ball peen hammer.

8.) Next time you have an urge to bubba-mod a
    good firearm. Take the hammer acquired in step 7, and hit yourself firmly in the nuts with it until the urge passes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Where do you guys come from? Let us recap what you said... You had a solid rifle until you tried everything possible to **** it up. You succeeded in ****ing it up and are now looking for sympathy from a crowd who wonders why you ****ed it up in the first place. Do you smoke crack or do you come by your problems naturally?
    Who's looking for sympathy? I asked some advice on making something work, but I didn't know I was going to get bitchy responses from a bunch of trigger snobs. F'n forget you guys. I've had the rifle for 6 years and like to try new things with my rifle. My ****'n choice. Just thought there was a group more technically knowledgable on here that was open to assisting, not criticizing my choices.
    Beautiful wife & kids, house, and my toys.......what else can a guy ask for?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega9 View Post
    Maybe some should be alienated. I'm not specifically talking about the OP, but the people who carry rifles into Starbucks for shock value defiantly come to mind.
    Unlike some on here who shoot off their mouth and paper, I use mine for hunting hogs and have had the SlideFire in the safe for 3 years without ever mounting. Thought I would
    give it a try after so long. I use my AR in the dark for hogs and was interested in speeding up rate of fire to take more down more of them from 25-50 yards quickly, before they scatter. We have so many
    down here in TX and they are a problem. However, they are a tasty problem I am obliged to help with.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Unlike some on here who shoot off their mouth and paper, I use mine for hunting hogs and have had the SlideFire in the safe for 3 years without ever mounting. Thought I would
    give it a try after so long. I use my AR in the dark for hogs and was interested in speeding up rate of fire to take more down more of them from 25-50 yards quickly, before they scatter. We have so many
    down here in TX and they are a problem. However, they are a tasty problem I am obliged to help with.
    If you eat the animal you shot, isn't the idea not to pepper it with rounds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Probably outrunning it with the trigger.

Next time it happens maybe pop the takedown in and see if the hammer is cocked or not, I'm betting it won't be. If that's the case, the trigger is outrunning the gun.

Feedback Score
    OP. I don't have experience with the Tac Con or other comparable triggers, but my guess is you're simply outrunning the system. While the Tac-Con is different than the Binary, pull and release FCGs, reports indicate it has the same Achilles heel; get going too fast, and the system can't keep up.

I do have a Slide Fire that I bought a few years back. For the price, I think I got it off a guy for $100, it works quite well and can be a lot of fun. I don't use it often, but will break it out occasionally to satisfy the FA bug. The rate of fire with the SF stock is damn close to the real deal. Honestly, the true noteworthy difference between the two is likely the accuracy potential. While the SF is fairly controllable, the fact remains that it's function relies upon the rifle oscillating back and forth. Again, it's not that hard to keep rounds on target at reasonable distances, but its method of operation is a handicap genuine FA doesn't have to contend with.

Still, for my purposes, it was well worth the money. One, it's fun to run every once and while. Two, because it's so close to true FA rate of fire, it's a big middle finger to the "man". But, most importantly, it does serve a practical purpose. Any SD load I plan to run gets a couple mags of 5-15 rounds with the SF. I don't know how quickly I'd need to get rounds off in a defensive scenario. I do know that I personally can't reproduce the cyclical rate, on my own, that I can with the same rifle and a SF. So, if a loading will cycle with the SF, it should be gtg under normal circumstances.

The point of my whole Slide Fire tangent is twofold. First, it's your money and your rifle. Any time the bump stocks or "go fast" triggers are mentioned, there's a segment who will chastise and belittle. Brush it off. Ignore it. If that's what you choose to invest in for your enjoyment, that's all that matters. If you can ignore that chatter, some will actually try to help; which leads to my second point.

Odds are combining the SF stock and Tac-Con trigger are the problem. With the SF stock producing a nearly FA rate on its own, the addition of your particular trigger pushes the limits of what the platform can tolerate. I believe the Tac-Com trigger has a "traditional" mode (without the assisted reset). So, have you tried running the selector in that position? I'd start there and see what happens. If the issue goes away, I think you have your answer. If not, then maybe the mechanics of that trigger just don't play nice with the bump stocks. Or, it could be how your particular AR is gassed, the buffer weight, the typed of action spring you're running, or a combination of those things. Frankly, it could be a lot of trial and error. My main advice would be start singling out one thing at a time.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    It's your money, your time, and your gun. Like I said in my first post, I wasn't specifically talking about you, I was just pointing out the fact that because people share an interest doesn't mean they should be lumped together.
    Last edited by Omega9; 04-05-17 at 07:58.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    wildcard600/ bb223/ Kdubya,
    Thank you gents for providing the kind of technical assist I was looking for in this post without all the noise. Much appreciated!
    Time to sell the SlideFire that's been lurking in the safe.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast