Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Reset Issue on DDM4 with Tac-Con & SlideFire.......

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I am going to have to chime in here on this one about the hunting feral hogs part. In some parts of Texas and other parts of the country, hogs are destroying crops and pasture land at the tune of billions of dollars. This is quite literally food being taken out of the mouths of the farmers and their kids. Not to mention driving the cost of produce up for the rest of us which in turn increases the cost of other things which means it is more expensive for me to feed my 2 babies a healthy diet. Let us not forget that hogs can spread diseases to humans.

No, the hunting is over. I believe it is now war. Pull out the beltfeds and mortars. Light em up.

Now, about the rifle: You fwcked up a perfectly good DDM4. Return it to stock and it will perform much better. Take a class to become more effective at using it to land more hits and conserve ammo. All that gimmicky garbage won't help you hit more hogs. I promise.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    It's like you followed me into Subway yesterday. I was so invested in buying all that sandwich that I just kept eating it, and ordered another one and forced it down while asking other Subway cusstomers, "Why does my sandwich taste like SHIT?" they replied, "Because you are eating a shit sandwich dumbass!" Then I went ape shit on them.
    Ummm....what did you just say? Been hitting any secret sauce? lol
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubber3 View Post
    I am going to have to chime in here on this one about the hunting feral hogs part. In some parts of Texas and other parts of the country, hogs are destroying crops and pasture land at the tune of billions of dollars. This is quite literally food being taken out of the mouths of the farmers and their kids. Not to mention driving the cost of produce up for the rest of us which in turn increases the cost of other things which means it is more expensive for me to feed my 2 babies a healthy diet. Let us not forget that hogs can spread diseases to humans.

No, the hunting is over. I believe it is now war. Pull out the beltfeds and mortars. Light em up.
    We have traps stocked 24/7/365 plus we all shoot at every one we see and we are still falling behind given they breed at 10 months. With 3k head of cattle it's a non-stop event replanting fields, repairing fences, treating/prepping for new growth. It's so bad here there is no season on private property: every day as many as you can take and even using FMJ. The fields don't come back after being rooted unless replanted, but even worse the rooting brings up weeds and plants that are poisonous to livestock. So now the managers have to go back out to treat the land b/f replanting with forage quality grasses. I *thought* I knew how expensive the upkeep post-hog infestation was until I saw the bills for equipment rental, seed, herbicides etc. It's staggering.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatchoslav View Post
    We have traps stocked 24/7/365 plus we all shoot at every one we see and we are still falling behind given they breed at 10 months. With 3k head of cattle it's a non-stop event replanting fields, repairing fences, treating/prepping for new growth. It's so bad here there is no season on private property: every day as many as you can take and even using FMJ. The fields don't come back after being rooted unless replanted, but even worse the rooting brings up weeds and plants that are poisonous to livestock. So now the managers have to go back out to treat the land b/f replanting with forage quality grasses. I *thought* I knew how expensive the upkeep post-hog infestation was until I saw the bills for equipment rental, seed, herbicides etc. It's staggering.
    Quoted for truth. Last estimate I heard, was that feral hogs cause over a $1B in damage per year in Texas alone. I don't care how they get wounded or die, they're nothing more than a big rat that you can also eat if you want. I am a big proponent of the ethical hunting of game animals. But pest control is not hunting, and all methods of injury or death are acceptable as far as I'm concerned.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    Quoted for truth. Last estimate I heard, was that feral hogs cause over a $1B in damage per year in Texas alone. I don't care how they get wounded or die, they're nothing more than a big rat that you can also eat if you want. I am a big proponent of the ethical hunting of game animals. But pest control is not hunting, and all methods of injury or death are acceptable as far as I'm concerned.
    Hogs aren't completely worthless. They make great coyote bait on a butchers hook hung off a limb.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatchoslav View Post
    Hogs aren't completely worthless. They make great coyote bait on a butchers hook hung off a limb.
    The backstraps are pretty tasty.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtlung87 View Post
    The backstraps are pretty tasty.
    I actually have a decent crock pot routine with mojo pork marinade. It's darn good just jam a slab of pork in there and it's a fine meal, but I will admit I defer to the venison pile 10 to 1 over pork.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was about to say...i usually will keep and process a 100ish lb sow and stock the deep freeze but i have been known to cut just the backstraps out of few.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345