Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Solvent Trap business gets ATF raid

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    The law is clear on where the line is drawn. Like sevin8nin, does not mean I agree with it. But I am smart enough not to cross it. To each his own though.
    No, it's not. Not when the BATF can arbitrarily change the status of a wipe, or call a shoe string a machinegun, or rule that shouldering a pistol changes it into a rifle. To push back against stupid, arbitrary and unconditional laws isn't stupid. To ostracize someone when they get into trouble exercising their rights, without bothering anyone's life, liberty or pursuit of happiness, is not right
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    No, it's not. Not when the BATF can arbitrarily change the status of a wipe, or call a shoe string a machinegun, or rule that shouldering a pistol changes it into a rifle. To push back against stupid, arbitrary and unconditional laws isn't stupid. To ostracize someone when they get into trouble exercising their rights, without bothering anyone's life, liberty or pursuit of happiness, is not right
    Well, we will see what the jury says!

Feedback Score
    Solvent traps are not intended to be a silencer any more than a maglight.

There's no skirting law, it's legal or not. Like people who shouldered sig braces when it was legal. It's not a work-around, it's how the law is written. The fact that someone in an office doesn't like it is their own problem. Learn to write what you mean and it goes away, but they can't get what they want because of the constitution, so they try to shove a round peg in a square hole and when it doesn't fit they say "well the hole is supposed to be a triagle" and the peg still doesn't fit....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In my garage I have rags, gas, lighters, and old glass bottles. Does that mean I am in possession of a Molotov Cocktail? I also have PVC pipes and fertilizer, so what. Intent should have to come into play at some point, or else every hardware store, gas station, and feed store, not to mention numerous other businesses, in the country need to be raided and shut down.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Hey look.. Liberty in motion.
    Exactly. The slow creep of government.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score

(24) The terms “firearm silencer” and “firearm muffler” mean any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication.

"any device", "any combination of parts", "redesigned"

If that is not clear to you, lock up your dog, unlock your doors, and set your alarm to 0400. Or do as Barnes did and go on a hunting trip. Seems though most of us see it clearly and do not engage in this nonsense.
    Intending is the key word. It is used twice.
    A solvent trap is not a silencer or muffler. It has a legitimate and legal purpose to catch patches and solvent when cleaning a rifle' bore. Pretty useless, but so are chia pets.

I get your viewpoint, it is wise to stay far far away from anything possibly illegal, but my point is that these solvent traps aren't illegal. Maybe the subject of the article had a stash of unregistered functional suppressors, who knows. We will see.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2000 View Post
    Intending is the key word. It is used twice.
    Yes, it is and you already posted your intent to use solvent traps in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler:

I have a form 1 22 can. It was a pain in the ass to make even with a solvent trap

Good thing you are not on trial!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by john armond View Post
    In my garage I have rags, gas, lighters, and old glass bottles. Does that mean I am in possession of a Molotov Cocktail? I also have PVC pipes and fertilizer, so what. Intent should have to come into play at some point, or else every hardware store, gas station, and feed store, not to mention numerous other businesses, in the country need to be raided and shut down.
    The legal concept of constructive possession has virtually zero concrete meaning after all that the ATF has done.

Fertilizer and gasoline for your mower in your garage? You're now a bomb maker. That's the level of f***ing stupid these administrative "clarifications" have gotten.

Also, when reading the quoted statute, be mindful of the "ands" and "ors".

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Yes, it is and you already posted your intent to use solvent traps in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler:

I have a form 1 22 can. It was a pain in the ass to make even with a solvent trap

Step 1, get a form 1 legally submitted to the ATF, and receive stamp. Step 2 buy raw materials and assemble.

Alternatively, own a solvent trap for a while with NO intent to modify it until the form 1 stamp comes back.

Your intentions can change.

Do you know what a form 1 is???

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

I don't get it. He made a legal can. Intent of one individual has no bearing on another.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast