Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about Single Shot trust from Silencer Shop

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I recently got a Recce 5 approved using a single shot trust. The process was simple, and I'm happy. Good on Silencer Shop for trying to make purchases as easy as possible all things considered. Check cashed 6/8/2017, Approved 2/3/2018.

Feedback Score
    Since my earlier response in this thread, I purchased the unlimited 'single shot' trust, and dropped a metric butt ton of Form 1's with it. I did it as a matter of convenience, as I am working overseas and their trusts do not need to be notarized. No complaints at all, and the first few I did have already come back approved.

If I had a complaint, it would be that each trust is named the serial number of the item... and if you had a Zenith Z43P, for example, with a super long serial number, it would annoy you to have to engrave that on the weapon. But, aside from that, SilencerShop rocks.

Feedback Score
    I feel the need to shower, possibly decontaminate after visiting msnbc!!

Wrong thread, sorry
    Last edited by Gary104; 02-24-18 at 15:20. Reason: Because I'm a dumbass

Feedback Score
    Scary

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    I have also gone through the NFA process with my first can from Sliencer Shop using a single shot trust. No problems at all with BATF review/approval.

Silencer Shop has this process down to an art.
    Last edited by RE1; 04-01-18 at 09:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just bought the unlimited today with a sandman S, looking forward to seeing some more time lines. I still have to go in to the kiosk tomorrow for prints but the rest is ready, after the prints are uploaded and everything is sent off I might starts some form 1's. Not looking forward to the wait but If I would have bought when I started looking it would already have been over.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    I just bought the unlimited today with a sandman S, looking forward to seeing some more time lines. I still have to go in to the kiosk tomorrow for prints but the rest is ready, after the prints are uploaded and everything is sent off I might starts some form 1's. Not looking forward to the wait but If I would have bought when I started looking it would already have been over.
    My local shop has a kiosk and I was intending to use it in the near future. I’m confused though in the difference between the Single Shot Unlimited and the regular gun trust they sell for the same amount. Does the unlimited also require the trust name or be the serial number?

I basically am looking for a trust that includes my wife and father. I’m looking to buy a suppressor and also SBR a lower. Probably will end up with at least another suppressor or sbr in the future
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    My local shop has a kiosk and I was intending to use it in the near future. I’m confused though in the difference between the Single Shot Unlimited and the regular gun trust they sell for the same amount. Does the unlimited also require the trust name or be the serial number?

I basically am looking for a trust that includes my wife and father. I’m looking to buy a suppressor and also SBR a lower. Probably will end up with at least another suppressor or sbr in the future
    The trust they sell is more of a standard trust. Name it whatever you want. Register all your new NFA items under the same trust.

The Single Shot is really designed to be used for a single item, with the SN as part of the name, and only one RP so prints/photos are minimal. After approval, you'd add the additional RPs you wanted. The Unlimited option allows you to do this as many times as you want, instead of paying for it each time. I think pricewsise it works out so that after about 5 items, you're better of with Unlimited over a one-time Single Shot.

You'd also come out ahead with the standard trust after ~5 items, as it's a one time purchase. The issue would be either providing photos and prints for everybody every time (which really isn't that big of a deal since you can do them yourself) or going through the process of amending the trust to remove RPs and then adding them back after approval. And in that case, they couldn't possess the other items the trust held while they weren't RPs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    The trust they sell is more of a standard trust. Name it whatever you want. Register all your new NFA items under the same trust.

The Single Shot is really designed to be used for a single item, with the SN as part of the name, and only one RP so prints/photos are minimal. After approval, you'd add the additional RPs you wanted. The Unlimited option allows you to do this as many times as you want, instead of paying for it each time. I think pricewsise it works out so that after about 5 items, you're better of with Unlimited over a one-time Single Shot.

You'd also come out ahead with the standard trust after ~5 items, as it's a one time purchase. The issue would be either providing photos and prints for everybody every time (which really isn't that big of a deal since you can do them yourself) or going through the process of amending the trust to remove RPs and then adding them back after approval. And in that case, they couldn't possess the other items the trust held while they weren't RPs.
    Ok I think I get it. Thanks! Did you use the Kiosk? Do you know if they are using the this for pics and prints for a traditional trust?
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    Ok I think I get it. Thanks! Did you use the Kiosk? Do you know if they are using the this for pics and prints for a traditional trust?
    I've never used a kiosk. Haven't bought from SS in years.

They use the kiosk for prints (or you can mail them a hard copy they'll scan) and app on your phone/tablet for pics. I wouldn't think it matters if it was a traditional trust or single shot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12