Thread: Smith and Wesson customer Service.

Feedback Score

Smith and Wesson customer Service.

A while ago now, I noted that my firing pin was hanging up on my 442, and the cylinder could not rotate due to this.

I could wiggle/fiddle with it, to get it back in the bushing, but still, the gun was out of order.

I figured it was a bur on the sleeve/bushing, or something like that.

I called S&W customer service and explained that this was my BUG for work, and they had a shipping label sent to me in very short order.

Being a lazy and procrastinating, I grabbed my wife's 442 and started carrying it for my BUG.

Fast forward pretty much a year later, I am cleaning stuff up, find the shipping label and remind myself that I have a gun that is deadlined.

So rather than go through the process of getting a new label, I disassembled the 442, to possibly take care of it myself.

As it ends up my 1 piece firing pin, was now in 2 pieces:

That might be a clue!

So I got on the phone with S&W customer service. I told the nice young gal that I had been sitting on a label for about a year, and the short version is that it is just a firing pin. I asked if I could buy one, rather than mess with the hassle of shipping the gun back and forth. She tells me that they will send one out, no-charge. Naturally I tell her that I have been carrying this gun for more than 15 years. Since 2,000 in fact, so it is hardly anything but normal wear and tear on a well used gun.

She told me no sweat, no credit card needed.

I know it saves them money having someone who can fix the gun themselves, but these days, I would not trust a person to know what they are doing. The punchline is, it was a solid example of great customer service, and not really their responsibility.
    THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

Feedback Score
    I've only had to deal with Smith & Wesson custoner service once. They made it a painless experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk