Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
Okay, that is a really funny analogy. However, again if one wants to collect modern military firearms I say go for it. If the intent is perceived future value, it is likely to be a disappointing endeavor.

I approach firearm purchases from a very simplistic gutternatural place - an item either interests me on some subconscious impalpable level and I buy, or it does not and I don't buy. I personally like modern military firearms and like the idea of my own reference collection. Future value plays no role, only whether my inner 8 year old looks at the item and must own it.
Reed Knight has shown me what is possible and at the same time shown me that even with literally MILLIONS of dollars available to develop a collection it's still not quite complete. I have at least two firearms that are not in the Reed Knight collection. Of course he has several hundreds that I don't own.

But if ever I had a company that generated that kind of money as a military supplier AND had a former boeing factory to display my collection AND had a personal relationship with Gene Stoner that allowed me to acquire impossibly rare "one of's" like the Hollywood Armalites, I'd definitely give him a run for his money.