Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AK Suggestions?

Feedback Score

AK Suggestions?

I'm considering adding an AK to my collection.
    I'm new to AK's so please don't roast me for my ignorance.

What are some good brands I should look out for?
    I'm currently undecided if I want a 47 or a 74.
    I'm not looking to spend *too* much on this. I'm just looking for a simple reliable gun for fun.

I am under 21, therefore I am unfortunately unable to purchase stripped powers. Therefore I likely won't be building one.

What's a realistic budget to have for a base rifle? (Stock funiture, etc)
    I was thinking around 5-600, but I'm unsure if that's too low.

I know Century Arms AK's are within that price range, however I know they are not Russian made/ imported and I believe I've heard issues with them. Unsure if that's the right brand I'm thinking of.
    Again, just something reliable, if I realistically need to spend more for reliability, I will.

Thank you.
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For you first forray into the AK world, hard to go wrong with a WASR 10/63.

You can get a WASR for $588, shipped. Here.

Century distributes AKs, but they also market ones like the C39...which is cheap and often what is in your local gun shop. Steer clear. Do some Internet research on it and check the major AK forums for more information. It ain't pretty.

I just sent you a PM though, I have something you may be interested in.

Feedback Score
    Thank you! I appreciate that. So the WASR you linked is only imported and distributed by Century Arms and not made by them right?

And I understand, I got a bit more reading to do before I buy anything.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Correct, sir, the WASR is made in Romania at the Cuigar Arms Factory. The Wikipedia article on the WASR is quite helpful.

Feedback Score
    Thank you!

Feedback Score
    i have a Romanian PSL sniper rifle, its an amazing rifle, very cheap to shoot. great hunting buddie. mine came with the original range finding scope, you should give it a try..no very expensive too.

Feedback Score
    I'm looking for something compact. Literally as small as possible before it's considered NFA haha.
    Can't do pistol either, since I'm in WA and all sales must go through FFL. (And I don't want to do an unfinished receiver)

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooohah View Post
    I'm looking for something compact. Literally as small as possible before it's considered NFA haha.
    Can't do pistol either, since I'm in WA and all sales must go through FFL. (And I don't want to do an unfinished receiver)
    So why can't you do a draco pistol or something similar?

NVM re-read you are under 21. Has 594 actually got anyone yet btw?
    Last edited by WickedWillis; 06-01-17 at 13:38.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    I can build an AK pistol, but I don't think its worth it. I've heard building an AK for starters is similar to witchcraft and summoning Thor himself.

594 apparently has gotten one person to date, but that person was over 21 and transferred a pistol to someone who was 19. Technically speaking... Its already illegal under federal law, so it wasn't knocking someone for transferring a rifle to someone who can own one.
    No one here is violating the law though, people were at first, but now everyones going through FFLs.

The 10% added tax for all transfers really.... really sucks.

Source:
    http://nwnewsnetwork.org/post/washin...ound-check-law
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooohah View Post
    well you should try the Chinese AK then.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast