Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Light for SBR?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Found this:

https://www.haleystrategic.com/weapo...br-light-mount

Might help depending on how you will want to use it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I see here that a few people are not using BUIS, and instead are putting they light at 12:00. While I'm waiting for SBR stamp, I'll pay close attention to this thread. I'm not comfortable removing BUIS, but am becoming interested in the 45 degree mounts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    11.5" with 10" KMR. I run a Surefire G2X in a BCM keymod offset at 11:15-ish. Super happy with it, but I'm a righty.

The pic is of my 16" intermediate gas Black River Tactical upper, but the light, mount, and location are identical to my 11.5".

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger86 View Post
    I see here that a few people are not using BUIS, and instead are putting they light at 12:00. While I'm waiting for SBR stamp, I'll pay close attention to this thread. I'm not comfortable removing BUIS, but am becoming interested in the 45 degree mounts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I am still running BUIS I am just putting the x300 at 12:00 and moving the BUIS back behind it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    This is what I've done on my SBRs. I'm not overly concerned about the reduced sight radius for my low speed high drag purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I am still running BUIS I am just putting the x300 at 12:00 and moving the BUIS back behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I did the same thing on my middy with an Inforce WML. I left 2 or 3 rail sections between the light and BUIS for my thumb.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Arisaka inline keymod mount with Arisaka m300 body, tail cap and Malkoff head. No contest. I have this on a KMR equipped rifle. Unbeatable.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    Another vote for Roschworks.

Last edited by usmcvet; 04-14-17 at 11:03.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have a dumb question... I'm trying to finish up a completly Ambi- SBR. I'm a righty with basically a useless right eye. I'm finding it more and more easy to simply want to shoot a rifle lefty. the other side of the coin is I really don't see the situation arising where I need BUIS... So a 12oc white light would be ideal for what I want. I've been trying to figure how I deal with the light.

So here is the question. Let's say the red dot goes out. Can't I practice to index off the top of whichever white light I choose. I was kinda leaning towards the x300 for the way the switch works.

Would it be reasonable to assume that with little practice you could hit a person simply by using the RDS ring as an aperture and then index off the top of the light? It seems like the left right centering would be pretty easy with only the vertical being the real guessing game? I would really like to not even install front or rear BUIS on this as I think it would be completely unnecessary for my personal life.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    I have a dumb question... I'm trying to finish up a completly Ambi- SBR. I'm a righty with basically a useless right eye. I'm finding it more and more easy to simply want to shoot a rifle lefty. the other side of the coin is I really don't see the situation arising where I need BUIS... So a 12oc white light would be ideal for what I want. I've been trying to figure how I deal with the light.

So here is the question. Let's say the red dot goes out. Can't I practice to index off the top of whichever white light I choose. I was kinda leaning towards the x300 for the way the switch works.

Would it be reasonable to assume that with little practice you could hit a person simply by using the RDS ring as an aperture and then index off the top of the light? It seems like the left right centering would be pretty easy with only the vertical being the real guessing game? I would really like to not even install front or rear BUIS on this as I think it would be completely unnecessary for my personal life.
    It's called shooting through the tube. You can use the optic tube as a really big rear apperture. Using the light as a make shift front sight it better than nothing. Practice it. See what happens. See how far you can accurately shoot to. Might also try a quality visible laser as your secondary. Just a thought.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123