Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H6 Buffer in BCM mid length.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

H6 Buffer in BCM mid length.

I just bought a new lower that already had the damage industries H6 "upgrade kit" installed.

This lower is going under a 16" ELW barreled mid length BCM upper.

I am waiting on a BCG for this rifle and wanted to ask the more experienced if it would be in my best interest to order a replacement buffer and/or spring prior to shooting.

I am no expert on over/under gassing and am extremely interested if someone can explain why this would be good or bad for performance and why. While also explaining like I am 5.

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have the same upper and use a Geissele spring & H1 buffer, it runs great for me in that configuration, for a data point. Lower is a Mega Gator with LMT buffer tube, Geissele SSA, and BCM furniture.

I'm no expert but I try to get ejection to 3:30-4 o'clock and consider overgassed when it's 1-2 o'clock.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 04-11-17 at 15:22.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Right. Thanks for the contribution. I've seen the chart. But figured someone here could surely tell me how it will function without having to fire it. I will try regardless when BCG comes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What is the weight?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    What is the weight?
    According to the site 5.2 oz and made to optimize a 20" barrel.

http://damageindustries.co/index.php...product_id=422

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Should run fine with good ammo. If you're gonna run steel cases .223 I'd probably swap in a H1 buffer until the upper is good and broken in. Then you could probably get away with a H2.

If it doesn't work fine, just change the buffer and try again. FWIW I run H2s in all of my 16" midlengths.

Feedback Score
    The H6 is a little lighter than the H3 conventional carbine action system buffer. Maybe, a better question to ask is to what a possible buffer change does and how that introduction changes the attributes for the system? Possibly, look into other options available that could improve overall operation as a whole? The carbine like actions tend to be less tolerant of many given scenarios than some other options available. It's not just about cyclic rate, but reliability with durability, with a tolerable level of rebound and jounce between the carrier and the BE to mention a few.

Feedback Score
    FWIW I've run up to a 5.4oz buffer in my BCM 14.5" midlength, ran XM193, Wolf Gold, AE, Fiocchi, & Wolf Military Classic steel case with no issues. Tula would occasionally fail. You should be fine.

I did notice going up to a Wolff extra power carbine spring DID make a noticeable difference, and dropped back to an H2 buffer. Still runs all the brass cased ammo above but have not tried any steel case.

KAK sells tungsten weights for under 7 bucks a pop, found it cheaper to just swap a steel weight for a tungsten til I 'dialed it in'. All my ARs are H2s or H3s now.

Feedback Score
    I'm curious about the density of the KAK tungsten weights offered?
    I'm not so sure about going with more action spring tension with less mass, that hurts with timing and pressure events.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Ok. Thanks for the info. Seems alot of people think it will work but I'm not getting alot of people confirming it will be close to optimal.

I'm striving for optimal rather than probably functional.

Is there consensus H1, H2 or H3 in a mid length for optimal performance?

Ammo is 5.56 primarily M855

Last edited by ARonBoard; 04-11-17 at 19:30.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast