Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glocks this summer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Minor differences from gen4, just enough to get Glock fans to buy a new gun. Excellent business plan while the rest of the industry is down.

Sorry but if it's the M models I'll pass. So many better offerings today on the market

Que the flame!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    This whole BTF thing is way over blown, I own over a dozen gen 4s and the only time it ever did it was once in a while when I used power pistol powder

Any other powder or combination didn't across thousands of rounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_pErm View Post
    Minor differences from gen4, just enough to get Glock fans to buy a new gun. Excellent business plan while the rest of the industry is down.

Sorry but if it's the M models I'll pass. So many better offerings today on the market

Que the flame!

I buy roughly one handgun a year new. I bought a Gen 4 G26 back in December, and my next purchase will be a Glock 43 in the next few months because I want a single stack 9mm again.

Glock does nothing perfectly, but everything well, and I am already very invested in the Glock 9 models when it comes to mags, holsters, etc. If they removed the finger grooves, fixed the BTF, made the barrels a hair more accurate, and have listened to their customers complaints, they will have another winning generation. Like I said earlier when the FDE G19 Gen 4 drops I will buy one for a G19 optics host. YMMV.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I got an email from a shop in Spokane that will be doing the midnight reveal that evening. I plan on going and checking stuff out. I'm trying not to get excited about it though, but this event seems pretty unique in the gun world as far as I know.
    I imagine any stores selling them might start a firefight full of glock shooters fighting over buying one lol. Reminds me of black friday

Feedback Score
    Some stores are saying a limited amount for sale...

there are 2 places within 150miles from me doing the reveal and both are saying they have no information and have not even taken delivery as of yet.

Shop opens at 10 and I'll be sitting at the front door @ 8 for a 19M

I swear if this is something idiotic like a single stack 40........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Wow. I thought it was an out of spec Gen 4 thing.
    I had two Vickers Glocks (gray frame RTF2s) that did it: A 19 and a 17. The 17 did it less than the 19. But the 17 still did it.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    You have my attention...

I've been holding on to my Gen2s because I can't stand the finger grooves and I didn't want to grind on a frame to remove them.

If the Gen5s look like they're supposed to, then I might finally buy new guns.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Deleted comments
    Last edited by davidjinks; 08-17-17 at 23:09.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_pErm View Post

Que the flame!

What about those of us who only own one Glock, a 43? Does that make me a fan boy?

On paper, I believe the 19M is probably the best Glock pistol they have ever made. I'll pick up a blue label as soon as the mad rush dies down.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boombotz401 View Post

I swear if this is something idiotic like a single stack 40........
    Gotta keep up with Springfield somehow. Glock 19-E will be next.
    Industry Disclosure: I work at a local gun shop.

Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast