Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: New Glocks this summer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    As someone who had 3rd Gen Glock 19 BTF a nasty moon shaped divot in my expensive perscription glasses, I can say yes, it is a serious problem. WHY would anyone bother with crap like that when there are numerous alternatives that have had the basic engineering done to avoid the issue? HK P2000?, P07? P10? Cz 75 Compact? and so on. It isn't worth it to me to risk catching cornea destroying brass in the eye just to carry a Glock.

I have a pet theory that the probem isn't fixable. I think there is something intrinsic to the G17 that results in wobbly ejection--exacerabated by the accelerated slide of the G19. Basically, with the slower slide on the 17 it results in weak ejection, but not necessarily BTF. But when they created the G19 they just shorted the slide and couldn't do anything about the increased slide velocity.

So, were a few days in with some solid range reports out and it seems that Glock 19 still has issues...

Sad really, I had high hopes they ran all the bugs out of the woodshed on this one.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score

Glock Gen 5 First Impressions LOTS OF PICS

Oh my gosh, I actually like my Gen 5 Glock 17. After reading all the comments from experts around here declaring the obvious failings of the Gen 5 Glocks, I expected today to pick up my new Glock 17 Gen 5 and be woefully disappointed. But ....

I love it.

Love the fact is has no finger grooves, humps and what not. SO much easier for me to grip and it feels GREAT.

Love the trigger. Definitely and noticeably less gritty, mushy and a crisper break and reset. If is HUGELY different, no, but ... every bit helps. I had the guys in the gun shop where I picked it up try it and one Glock fanatic in particular was particularly impressed. FWIW...again, nothing HUGELY better, but ... heck...nice.

I really like the new magazines, very easy to see the orange through the holes in the mag. Hope we can buy more soon.

The internals appear to be improved, the safety "plunger" looks much more robust.

The finish/coating on the slide is very nice. A nice rich black, rather than an anemic grey and the barrel appears to be treated comparably.

The front of the slide is nicely bevelled and while the critics (idiots!) here are declaring the frame not equally beveled, it looks great and just fine and dandy.

The RTF treatment on the grip is great, in fact, just about perfect in my opinion. I may or may not throw some Talon grips on it.

I purchased mine with Ameriglo Sights and they are GREAT...excellent front post width and rear sight width. For less than $100 bucks more, a good investment.

I've put together a HUGE photo album on Imgur if you want to take a look at it in detailed photos.

I noticed a few things:

The frame has a "tab" that fills/blocks a slot in the back of the slide, I used a Gen 3 Glock 17 for comparison's sake. You can see what I'm talking about in the photos.

Take a look at the photos, in a many of them I'm comparing this Gen 5 to a Gen 3 and I tried to show the difference in barrel rifling.

Click on this link to see this Glock 17 Gen 5 album, and you will notice a number of images where I'm comparing it to a Glock 17 Gen 3 model (in OD green).

https://imgur.com/a/OZegu

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    So, were a few days in with some solid range reports out and it seems that Glock 19 still has issues...

Sad really, I had high hopes they ran all the bugs out of the woodshed on this one.
    I've watched probably every Gen5 review video on YouTube. I've literally seen 1 piece of brass out the hundreds of rounds on video hit someone in the face and it was the last round of the magazine. I'll chalk that up to ammo. I have an apex extractor in my Gen4 19 that solved BTF, my 17 and 43 doesn't BTF, 26 does still BTF with certain ammo (not carry ammo). I'm thinking BTF is probably a non issue with the Gen5s.

Feedback Score
    While I can not say yet for the gen 5 19 model yet, all of my gen 5 17 feedback has been positive so far wth duty rounds and good magazines.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    25 yards. Not too shabby. Gen 5 19 with tru glo tritium pros. Winchester white box ammo. 46 degrees out with almost no wind. Still getting used to the smooth trigger face.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TacticalFun; 09-10-17 at 17:52.
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score

New Glocks this summer

Yep...she's pretty good @ 25

Heinie 10/8 rear trijicon HD front

124gr RN handloads

Gen 5 19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by boombotz401; 09-10-17 at 20:39.

Feedback Score
    While I agree that my feedback has been pretty good overall. Maybe, it could be more useful to the group possibly to add more information besides targets. Not to play devil's advocate, but more to avoid possible flak. Model in question, ammunition used, position/ possible support, etc..
    More to validate information, than to make arguments to invalidate that.
    Last edited by tom12.7; 09-10-17 at 18:09. Reason: s

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    While I agree that my feedback has been pretty good overall. Maybe, it could be more useful to the group possibly to add more information besides targets. Not to play devil's advocate, but more to avoid possible flak. Model in question, ammunition used, position/ possible support, etc..
    More to validate information, than to make argument to invalidate that.
    Edited mine

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    Thank you, additional information can help in many ways.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142