Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glocks this summer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    The only practical reason for that notch, bump, or whatever it is to be there, that I can fathom and I am spitballing the hell out of this, is to give a user a little leverage when manipulating the gun single handled. Seriously, it is the only reason i can come up with when using one, and that only really matters to me if I have a rifle that is way front heavy. I probably completely off base on the thing, but the A1 profile made more sense.
    At the armorers Course they said they said that the ledge was a "target feature" to get them import points.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    Glock is turning into Colt. Why are they so out of touch? They are either clueless, or know what people want yet still refuse to do it.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    While the front cocking serrations are moving forward, they suck when used with a Safariland ALS holster. I had to have my serrations cut at a slant so they would not hang up on the internal locking. Good for civilians, not so much for LE, at least ones using ALS holsters.

TXPO
    Thanks for posting this. Very useful info

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The Glocks of Summer are here...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    "Glock will also offer night sights as a factory option on the G17 Gen4, G19 Gen4, G42, and G43."
    I thought this sounded kind of odd. I've been looking at Blue Label G43s with factory night sights for the past 3 or 4 months (finally picked one up last month), and I'm pretty sure I've seen Gen 4 17s and 19s alongside them. Unless they mean they're going to offer different styles / colors of factory night sights.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldesire View Post
    Glock is turning into Colt. Why are they so out of touch? They are either clueless, or know what people want yet still refuse to do it.
    IMO (like Colt) Glock does not (or at least has not) really give a shit about the civilian consumer. Their focused on putting out the lowest cost gun at the highest possible margin for muni., state, fed, etc contracts and the civilian market is just their gravy (and lots of it).

But that being said I think this (as well as Colt's LE 6960 CCU) is a step in the right direction, as others have said. Rather than petition Glock folks should be petitioning Lipseys for what they want. Lipseys appears to have been the ones to get Glock to break from their norm bringing the LAV Glocks to market and those sold out in short order and when Glock can move 5000 guns that quickly personally I think that may be a huge part opening their eyes to what they're missing out on or at least what they can add to their sales as the likely didnt miss out on anything.

Now, when they release a Gen 3, w/o finger groves, RTF 2, with front serrations and MOS (optics ready) slide I think we will have seen that Glock has pulled their head out of their ass.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldesire View Post
    It's easy to forget that we, as serious shooters are only seeing our small slice of the market. The vast majority of Glocks sell great as is, to departments and casual shooters, so they don't have a ton of pressure to change things up too much other than incremental and well-researched or justified changes.

If they released a G17 with a G19 grip, no finger grooves, threaded barrel, optic ready, forward serrations, extended controls and a 3.5lb connector, I'd be a happy camper.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Forward serrations are a fix without a problem and give incentive for shooters to put their hands near an area where they shouldn't be...

I was looking more forward to a frame without finger grooves...
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Forward serrations are a fix without a problem and give incentive for shooters to put their hands near an area where they shouldn't be...

I was looking more forward to a frame without finger grooves...
    Umm, doesn't your avatar have FCS?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    At the armorers Course they said they said that the ledge was a "target feature" to get them import points.
    Import points on an M16A2?
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast