Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glocks this summer

Feedback Score

New Glocks this summer

Yes...we will record and evaluate heavily

Will be @ the range in a few hours and will give an honest review

Indoor range today followed by outdoor steel plates tomorrow up to 50 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by boombotz401; 08-26-17 at 13:27.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just checked out the Gen 5 17 and 19 today. I'll happily keep my Gen 4 19, as the only real difference to me was the lack of finger grooves on the Gen 5, and I almost couldn't tell a difference in feel. The 17 however did feel much better without the finger grooves so I'm crossing my fingers that they release a 34 model down the road.

Another interesting thing I haven't seen mentioned anywhere Ian that the Gen 5 19 has a smooth face trigger instead of the awful serrated one used on all the previous 19/23 models for import points.

Feedback Score

New Glocks this summer

Mine does have a smooth trigger

Before firing thoughts

Trigger has a MUCH better rolling break, feels around 4lbs

NDLC finish is nice, very dark black unlike the grey GEN4...looks like it will hold up well

My current raven concealment and leather holsters do work

X300 light locks on tight

All my GEN4 mags drop free with no issues

Also out of curiosity I tried putting my G5 barrel in the G4....went on with no issues....someone on another forum asked that.

I do find the G5 feels to have a better texture however my G4 has a few years of carry on it so it may be just worn in compared to new

For the leftys the slide lock does release just as easily as the other side...not an afterthought like the 2.0 m&p

For those curious about the trigger pull....check this video (not me just found it on Instagram)

https://instagram.com/p/BYRIJjVBbcL/

Last edited by boombotz401; 08-26-17 at 15:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I purchased a GEN 5 17 today. My LGS was one of 100 that got them a week early.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    I just checked out the Gen 5 17 and 19 today. I'll happily keep my Gen 4 19, as the only real difference to me was the lack of finger grooves on the Gen 5, and I almost couldn't tell a difference in feel. The 17 however did feel much better without the finger grooves so I'm crossing my fingers that they release a 34 model down the road.

Another interesting thing I haven't seen mentioned anywhere Ian that the Gen 5 19 has a smooth face trigger instead of the awful serrated one used on all the previous 19/23 models for import points.
    There's a considerable difference between the two.

Glock says the G17 Gen5 and G19 Gen5 pistols “were inspired by the GLOCK M pistols used by the FBI,” and include more than 20 design changes compared to it’s predecessors

http://www.recoilweb.com/inside-the-...-5-129141.html
    Last edited by tn1911; 08-26-17 at 16:39.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Are they using the standard "5.5 lb" connector in the Gen 5 guns?

Also, is the mag release an "extended" version or is it simply a reprofiled Gen4 mag release?

Lastly, Id be interested in knowing if the Gen5 extractor (assuming jts been tweaked) works in Gen4 guns.

Feedback Score
    After about 300-400 or so rounds....

not one BTF, brass ejected straight up and towards 3oclock

NO MALFUNCTIONS OF ANYKIND

gun ran like expected and was boringly reliable

100 or so rounds was with the x300 attached

I can say with absolute certainty now the gen 5 is "grippier" than the gen 4

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Good news so far then

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJHNSN View Post
    If a person does not want to buy a Gen 5, that's just fine, but saying, "There's not many differences" just makes him look foolish.

I just picked up a Glock 17 Gen 5 with the Ameriglo Sights. Sweet. More later.

Great video overview of the Gen 5.
    Oh so I looked foolish? I'm not sure if you noticed but I did say that the only real difference TO ME, with "to me" being the keywords, because people may or may not appreciate certain features. So don't just assume that I'm some newbie who doesn't know the differences between the different Gens of Glocks. I can assure you I knew everything there was to know publicly about the Gen 5 before even holding one. I guess I have to clarify that now for people like yourself, so who's the fool now?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't care about any of the other features because the only noticeable one to me would have been the lack of finger grooves. In no way does that equal me saying that there's not very many differences, you are the fool here for trying to twist my words to reflect that.
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 08-26-17 at 18:14.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    There's a considerable difference between the two.
    http://www.recoilweb.com/inside-the-...-5-129141.html
    "Glock says the Gen5’s will only be offered in 9mm"

This is a welcome change.

Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast