Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glocks this summer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    While I'm in the crowd who has no use for front serrations, I'm not sure this is a Glock corporate decision. It's being offered by Lipsey's who is famous for bringing special runs to market. If you order enough guns Glock will make damn near whatever you want. I wouldn't be surprised if the FS and C models were because Lipsey's wanted to sell them.
    Ah, a wholesaler exclusive then. Yeah, just a special run to have something cooler than your buddies, that they can pick up at Gander or Bass Pro. Davidson's has their own exclusives as well, at a pretty good clip. I suspect the wholesaler that hits their numbers gets rewarded with special MFR runs ... the consumer can buy no where else than via a Lipsey's or Davidson's retail account.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    With all the negative drawbacks to Glocks, its hard to explain the huge monthly backlog of orders they keep having to fill....
    Well, most enthusiasts and even most of those who are gun carriers for a living are not serious shooters so I'd say that explains it quite well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Not interested.

I'd like to see changes in the grip shape, trigger guard and trigger.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wake me up when I can get a 19M on a blue label. Until then my only Glock will be my 43 (which I have to admit I do love).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    I thought this sounded kind of odd. I've been looking at Blue Label G43s with factory night sights for the past 3 or 4 months (finally picked one up last month), and I'm pretty sure I've seen Gen 4 17s and 19s alongside them. Unless they mean they're going to offer different styles / colors of factory night sights.
    Blue Label guns have always been available with factory night sights. Not commercial guns though. Commercial distributors will be able to buy them that way now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    Ah, a wholesaler exclusive then. Yeah, just a special run to have something cooler than your buddies, that they can pick up at Gander or Bass Pro. Davidson's has their own exclusives as well, at a pretty good clip. I suspect the wholesaler that hits their numbers gets rewarded with special MFR runs ... the consumer can buy no where else than via a Lipsey's or Davidson's retail account.
    Not a wholesaler exclusive.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Forward serrations are a fix without a problem and give incentive for shooters to put their hands near an area where they shouldn't be...

I was looking more forward to a frame without finger grooves...
    Not on the MOS guns. They definitely serve a purpose there. Pinching from behind doesn't give a solid purchase when running a stiff recoil spring.

As for all the ergonomics complaints, Glock doesn't care. Until they see a double digit drop in sales due to a specific identifiable issue, they'll continue to spend their time swimming in money rather than entertaining complaints about the fastest selling handgun on the market.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I just got an email that Glockmeister is accepting pre-orders for the 17 & 19 FS models. It says the ETA is May 2017.

http://www.glockmeister.com/GLOCK-17...fo/G17GEN4FCS/

http://www.glockmeister.com/GLOCK-19...fo/G19GEN4FCS/
    Last edited by officerX; 04-10-17 at 12:48.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Babyshit brown guns or Tiffany Blue is not what hardcore Glock shooters want.
    I love my babyshit brown guns so I can tell them apart from my beater black guns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Until they see a double digit drop in sales due to a specific identifiable issue, they'll continue to spend their time swimming in money rather than entertaining complaints about the fastest selling handgun on the market.
    Ya no shit. People keep asking me what type of handgun they should buy. "Well I'm using Glock but there are tons of new options on the market now that didn't exist until recently." Then they completely ignore my answer and ask 17 or 19. I tell them 19 and they buy one.

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast