Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: This forum would be boring if we all just bought Colts (and Magpul and Surefire)

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

This forum would be boring if we all just bought Colts (and Magpul and Surefire)

$690 OEM1 from Grant. My first thought opening the box was "Damn, the finish on this thing is perfect. Why can't I ever get one that's all ****ed up like I hear about on the internet?" (I've yet to see one in bad condition IRL.) Threw on some spare MOE furniture I had, and a DD fixed rear. Got an M600U from Arisaka Defense. It's not fancy. First round at 100 yards was about 3" right. Adjusted the rear. Shot a group of 3 rounds that were almost touching just off to the right. Adjusted it a tad more and fired 5 that grouped sub 1" right in the middle. Ammo used was 64gr GDHP.

This time of year I get little time to spend outdoors. So I was a little miffed that 9 rounds in for the day the rifle was already exceeding expectations and hitting right where I wanted it to. I threw in some 55gr Wolf Gold and shot another 500 rounds at various sized BGs out to 300y in decent wind conditions (15-20mph).

Of course there were no malfunctions. The accuracy despite the fixed irons, no free float barrel, and shooting from the sitting position was on point. This rifle was bought for travelling to be cheap and disposable, but it feels like my favorite one now. No heavy ass suppressors or expensive ass lasers. There's no reason to baby it. The best part about my day was when I shot the target above next to some brotatoes who had their badass custom builds with Strike Eagle optics and I outshot all of them despite shooting from the sitting position while they shot from bagged rests. "But MLOK > Keymod homie!" was pretty much all they talked about. I couldn't figure out how a rail attachment method puts rounds on target, unfortunately.

Members of M4C - I'm sorry I didn't buy a 12.5" Midlength by some fly-by-night assembler using cheap components with some bottom of the barrel optic and run into issues to provide a controversial topic for the forum to chat about.

Last edited by Eurodriver; 05-09-17 at 00:28.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I'm jealous Euro. I've been wanting to pick up a 6920, as a cheap do all rifle for a few years now. Just can't ever make myself pull the trigger on one. That price sure is tempting though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Look man that fsb isn't even crooked. You're depriving us of entertainment by not buying a bottom tier junker. What am I supposed to point and laugh at today, fat people at Wal-Mart? This is terrible. 😂

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    KISS is beautiful, the Colt brand makes it even more so. Yet another unadulterated carbine that defies expectations.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I love it!! Just snagged a new colt myself and I have the same observations, I couldn't believe it either!! I did slap my acog on it though lol

Feedback Score
    You need to change a bunch of shit so you can ask questions...

Nice blaster.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    You need to change a bunch of shit so you can ask questions...

Nice blaster.
    LOL.... Coffee sprayer right there.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    99% of shooters would be better off with a simple carbine like that than all the wiz-bang sh!t you see out there.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Needs more UTG "flare", obviously you don't operate...
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Members of M4C - I'm sorry I didn't buy a 12.5" Midlength by some fly-by-night assembler using cheap components with some bottom of the barrel optic and run into issues to provide a controversial topic for the forum to chat about.
    LOL

I felt the same way.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast