Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: This forum would be boring if we all just bought Colts (and Magpul and Surefire)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

Then I started shooting 8" gongs...in a hurricane. Maybe they just need more practice?

https://youtu.be/IAzV7X5EPbc
    Love the Grandpa at the end .... "show off!"
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    I like my 6920 colt/aimpoint M4S combo and decided I wanted a midlength. I just brought a Daniel Defense M4V7 Mloc home. Aimpoint M4S inbound as well as a
    Geissele SSA-E trigger. Perhaps I will come back to report what kind of horror malfunctions occur.

But I doubt that will be the case. Fingers crossed!!!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Then I started shooting 8" gongs at 600 - in a hurricane. Maybe they just need more practice?

https://youtu.be/IAzV7X5EPbc
    Don't mean to be a dumb ass, smart ass or be contentious, but I have to ask: what is the purpose of the white-light WML on that rifle? It seems to be set up for longer range engagements...

BTW, you need to try that at -5 degrees F. with the wind-blown snow. ;-)
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Sub one inch groups with generic iron sights from a sitting position using a stock non-FF barrel and off the shelf ammo in 15-20 mph winds? I've shot with Olympic alternates, and they don't seem to be able to make a stock Colt M4 do that well.
    Hey, it's Eurodriver - check yo-self.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Oh, nice rifle BTW.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonshooter View Post
    Don't mean to be a dumb ass, smart ass or be contentious, but I have to ask: what is the purpose of the white-light WML on that rifle? It seems to be set up for longer range engagements...

BTW, you need to try that at -5 degrees F. with the wind-blown snow. ;-)
    Not a dumb question at all.

It isn't used for white light

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Maybe I should compete in the olympics then.

I heard similar comments from haters when I asked what it would take to hit small gongs at 600 yards. "IMPOSSIBLE" the internet said.

I'm not sure what a video of you shooting prone supported with a scope has to do with your current post. In one you are shooting from a prone supported firing position, in the other you are sitting unsupported. In one you are using a free floating barrel, in the other you are not. In one you are using a scope, in the other you are using generic iron sights. The ammunition and barrel differences are unknowns.

I consider your groups to be remarkable as Molon has test fired that ammunition for accuracy using:

"Accuracy testing was conducted following my usual protocol of firing 10-shot groups from a concrete bench at a distance of 100 yards using my 24” Krieger barreled AR-15. This barrel has a 1:7.7” twist. The free-float rail of the rifle rested in a Sinclair Windage Benchrest and the PRS stock was stabilized in a Protektor bunny-ear rear bag. Wind conditions were monitored using a Wind Probe. Sighting was performed using a Leupold Competition Series scope with a mirage shade. The scope was adjusted to be parallax free at 100 yards."

He states his groups to have been "Three 10-shot groups of the Speer LE 64 grain Gold Dots fired in a row had extreme spreads that measured: 1.11”, 0.91”, 1.30”

For you to be bettering his, from an unstable shooting position, without the aid of magnification is highly remarkable.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Hence why I remarked on it!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Not a dumb question at all.

It isn't used for white light
    Ah, OK - thanks.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    You've openly admitted that you're a mediocre shooter.

Hence why I remarked on it!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast