Thread: Eggrolls

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Eggrolls

I picked up a pair of OTG Eggroll 5.56 mag carriers for general range use. They are designed to hold magazines close to the body but leave enough space at the top to get a good grasp on the top of the mag. Based on the photos I thought they would cant the top of the magazines outward but they actually hold them vertically, in a way that makes them reasonably concealable under a sweatshirt or light jacket. They grip a loaded 20-round PMAG quite well, the carrier can be turned upside down and the mag stays in place unless shaken with some vigor. They clip on to my 1.5" belt tightly and have no wiggle.

I paid $60 for the pair shipped from Amazon, which seems reasonable for the quality and unique design. For range use, competition or general carry they seem to fit the bill quite nicely.

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I saw your photo in teh photo thread and was gonna ask you about the mag carriers, but you spared me the trouble.

Are they aluminum?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Are they aluminum?
    Kydex, cut and formed in one piece. The outer side is formed inward to hold tension so they will work with both AL and plastic mags.

Feedback Score
    Interesting, may order a set, may beat keeping spare mags in pockets during classes.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I wish they would make something like this with a big, easy to use looking clip that would fit over a 2 1/4" duty belt. Bad experience with kydex clips would keep me away from these for duty use, but something similar would be awesome.

BTW OP, I'm still working on knocking off your sweet AF 11-87 with my old Wingmaster.
    Last edited by TF82; 04-09-17 at 16:05.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TF82 View Post
    BTW OP, I'm still working on knocking off your sweet AF 11-87 with my old Wingmaster.
    Be sure to post photos when done!

These modified wood/polished-blued SGs remind me of these guys.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Those remind me a lot of the Kytex Gear mag carriers, which I have a few of. I've very happy with my Kytex carriers. I carry my spare PPS mag in one daily, and it's supremely comfortable and concealable.