Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ambi Safety: Which One??

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnchair 04 View Post
    I'm a lefty 1911 shooter and both my Springfield operator and Wilson xtac are wearing Wilson bulletproof ambi safeties. The Springfield has several thousand rounds through it with no signs of loosening up. The xtac is relatively new but I have complete faith in it. Ultimately yes the bulletproof ambi is worth it and going forward I will be using the Wilson safety in all my future 1911's.
    Ditto, another lefty who uses the Wilson bulletproof ambi. More expensive than competitors but holds up to a lot of wear and tear.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm a lefty, and have found whichever ambi you use if during administrative handling of the pistol you use your right hand to reach over and apply the safety or when done firing to do the same thing it makes the ambi last a lot longer. It seems to take most of the pressure off the connection between the two sides. I now only use the right side lever to release the safety when drawing and firing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm not a lefty but I replaced the sloppy factory ambi safety on my Colt Rail Gun with a single-sided Wilson bulletproof model and couldn't be happier with the quality and the fit. I highly recommend the Wilson BP safety.

Feedback Score
    For a southpaw conceal carry 1911, what width do you prefer/recommend on the ambidextrous paddles?

Feedback Score
    I just use my 1911 with a wilson combat saftey single side. I use my trigger finger to raise and lower it. I found ambi safteys to be a pain.

Then again i carry a glock so...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12