Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got Legit HIIT?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I run 4 days a week, lift 5 days a week, rest 2 days a week. SO far, it's good. I thought you recommend LISS for me? That is what I'm doing. Running/jogging = LISS, no? I plan on mixing it up with open water swims when all the flooding and shitting up of my beautiful lake is done with. I am 31. That is on the cusp of young, I guess. Although to anyone older, it IS young, lol!
    That depends mostly on your % of max HR (see OP), but running is highly impactive and you'll see the many comments on this forum that go like "I ran X for years until my knees gave out and now I do Y" and so forth. LISS like biking, walking, hiking, swimming, and some running, but I tend to recommend limiting the running unless it's a part of your job rec/sport. Otherwise, i'm not a big fan of running as it beats the hell out of most people.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Got a HIIT plan for an indoor air rowing machine (full body) ?

What I've done so far and have good results but do not know if it's legit - 1 min warm up, 30 sec sprint, 1 min row, repeat 30 sec spring/1 min row 8 times.

Sometimes I end that with pushups till failure.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post

What I've done so far and have good results but do not know if it's legit - 1 min warm up, 30 sec sprint, 1 min row, repeat 30 sec spring/1 min row 8 times.

Two of my favorites:

3 Blocks:
    6x 30/30s
    Rest 3-4 minutes in between blocks.

30 Rounds:
    30/90s - Start at 140 meters in 30 seconds and increase 1 meter each round up to 170. If you accidentally do 2 meters, you don't get to go back down. If you fail to increase meters two times in a row, you lose.
    Last edited by methical20; 05-10-17 at 13:24.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post

Yours sounds like legit HIIT, I do something similar on stationary bike or stair stepper thingy for 8-10 cycles of 30s/1min and rest 5 mins or longer between HIIT blocks. Two blocks is about all I can stand so far.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Those sound doable. I'm winded but not tired afterwards and always end up either adding a strength rep to failure at the end or doing the sets until I'm completely done.

Rowing has been a great overall workout which surprisingly isn't too high impact on my body overall.

I might try less blocks but more sprinting time.

Like 120/180 sprint/rest

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123