Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Repeated Double Feed Failures on 100% of Manticor Arms 32 rd Mags for CZ Scorpion Evo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    I've had 0 issues to date with the Manticore mags.
    Have you shot any Speer Lawman 124 gr through them? That was the only ammo I ever put through mine before returning them, and there was a sucka$$ double feed rate for 3 of 3 mags tested.

My weapon subsequently works perfectly with factory mags using that (and other) ammo.

If I had to bet, I'd bet you could test 5,000 of their mags with Lawman 124 gr and find an overwhelming double feed problem with that ammo type. If it was even a 1% issue, then the odds of me buying 3 of 3 affected mags would be 0.01 x 0.01 x 0.01 = 1 in 1 million. So I guarantee you it's a lot more than a 1% problem.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphtali View Post
    Have you shot any Speer Lawman 124 gr through them? That was the only ammo I ever put through mine before returning them, and there was a sucka$$ double feed rate for 3 of 3 mags tested.

My weapon subsequently works perfectly with factory mags using that (and other) ammo.

If I had to bet, I'd bet you could test 5,000 of their mags with Lawman 124 gr and find an overwhelming double feed problem with that ammo type. If it was even a 1% issue, then the odds of me buying 3 of 3 affected mags would be 0.01 x 0.01 x 0.01 = 1 in 1 million. So I guarantee you it's a lot more than a 1% problem.

I have not.

Feedback Score
    Zero issues with my numerous 2015 factory 20-30 rd mags. I kept One 30 rounder loaded for over a year without issue. I feel no need for the after market mags

Feedback Score
    Hello all, sorry to resurrect this thread but I just experienced this issue with one of mine. I just bought two a month ago and during a competition i also experienced this same issue twice with one of the mags. At the time I didn't know if it was one may or both that had the malfunction as I didn't have them numbered.I

I numbered them and took them to the range a few days later and I could consistently replicate the issue with one of the mags. Within the first 5ish rounds of a full mag i had a double feed which jammed the bolt. Only way to clear it was to eject the mag and force the bolt back. I contacted Preppers and they said there was a known issue with Speer 124 gr ammo and that they would send me stronger springs that should correct it. I was however, not shooting Speer but rather Angelfire 3gun 147 gr, 888fps. Now, that said, I ran 115 gr American Eagle through the mag with zero failures.

So... Not sure what is causing this issue but it seems to be ammo picky
    Last edited by mravery; 03-20-18 at 21:57.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123