Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Repeated Double Feed Failures on 100% of Manticor Arms 32 rd Mags for CZ Scorpion Evo

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My carbine version Scorpion runs 100% with factory 10, 20 and 30 round mags. So far, I have seen none of the cracking issues reported on the feed lips of CZ mags so I have no reason to buy the Prepper mags, especialy when factory mags are reletively cheap in comparison. Plus, I'm not really one to buy "it" just because they make "it".

I bought the Scorpion merely as a fun toy and try not to think about it costing more than the last 6920 I purchased, and the "reletively cheap" factory mags are more expensive than PMAGs, but it is cheaper to feed and plain puts a smile on my face when I shoot up half a case of ammo in an outing.

Now that I think about it, I should take better care of that thing...
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    Some interesting updates on this.

1) Kudos to Prepper Gun Shop for agreeing to accept these 4 magazines back for a full refund and providing a return shipping label.

2) CZ told me today that, for all their factory Scorpion mags date stamped 2016 or later, they've beefed up the feed lip design to strengthen it. And from Jan 2016 to present, they've received no reports of cracked feed lips with these newer mags. This is true for their 10, 20 and 30 round mags. This does NOT apply to any mags date stamped 2015 or earlier.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Repeated Double Feed Failures on 100% of Manticor Arms 32 rd Mags for CZ Scorpion Evo

^^^ yes they changed the design of the feed lips.

My SBR Scorpion is a fun toy and I can shoot it a lot cheaper than I can my AR.

I reload 9mm for like $4.50 a box with 147's and N320.

.223 is costing about $4.75 for a box of 20 for 55gr and H335.

So for me if I'm taking a class or training 150 yards or in the scorpion goes. It's suppressed as well and sounds like a paintball gun.

Not to mention the 30 rd mags go in sale for $16 every once in a while so I. Ought a bunch of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have MP5's. Just saying.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    And some of the feedlip cracking with the 20rd mags was because they had 30rd magazine springs installed.

I'll stick with OEM Mags for the time being, esp. until beta testing is complete with aftermarket items.

Just how I roll.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    So for me if I'm taking a class or training 150 yards or in the scorpion goes. It's suppressed as well and sounds like a paintball gun.
    What kind of hold over are you using, thats gotta be about a 2+ foot drop for a 9mm.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's really not that much. 25 yard zero is just about perfect for 100 zero. So I aim top of steel and get hits.

I'm shooting 130 PF man from a CZ Shadow so out of the scorpion they are a little faster but still subsonic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Update on shooting my Scorpion with 4 x factory CZ 30 rd mags.

All 4 mags loaded to 30 rounds with (1) Speer Gold Dot 147 gr and then 30 rds of (2) Speer Lawman 124 gr.

All functioned 100% normally. So my conclusion is, for whatever reason in the feed lip design, the Manticore 32 round mags have a double feed problem with Speer Lawman 124 gr.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've had 0 issues to date with the Manticore mags.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman View Post
    My carbine version Scorpion runs 100% with factory 10, 20 and 30 round mags. So far, I have seen none of the cracking issues reported on the feed lips of CZ mags so I have no reason to buy the Prepper mags, especialy when factory mags are reletively cheap in comparison. Plus, I'm not really one to buy "it" just because they make "it".

I bought the Scorpion merely as a fun toy and try not to think about it costing more than the last 6920 I purchased, and the "reletively cheap" factory mags are more expensive than PMAGs, but it is cheaper to feed and plain puts a smile on my face when I shoot up half a case of ammo in an outing.

Now that I think about it, I should take better care of that thing...
    Amen. My EVO SBR (bought pistol when originally released) has roughly 4K rounds 3K unsuppressed, 1K surpassed shooting all manner of 9mm (115-165gr) from the 4 original mags (2 20's came with gun, bought 2 30's from CZ). No malfunctions with gun or mags or mags cracking or even a whiff of anything like that.

Aftermarket mags need to be same or better than OEM at same or better price to even warrant a look from me. This isa solution to a problem the doesn't exist except for internet forums from less than a dozen people. While mags are considered a wear item, can't believe the full auto gun as designed is still using polymer mags for years and years if feed lips were a major failure point. If it makes one feel better to use steel lipped mags, go right ahead, but it's internet nonsense + marketing IMHO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast