Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kneepads

Feedback Score

Kneepads

Looking for a good set of kneepads...
    Seen several on Amazon but the reviews are mixed..

What are you guys using?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Arcteryx Kneecaps

You can find them on sale periodically through the year. I think I paid in the neighborhood of $45 for them.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    I second the Arcteryx. Bought a pair in 2013, still going strong.

You can barely feel them when worn, their shape naturally moves with you when kneeling, and they don't trap a ton of heat like bulkier knee pads do.

I would gladly buy another pair if I needed to.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    I second the Arcteryx. Bought a pair in 2013, still going strong.

You can barely feel them when worn, their shape naturally moves with you when kneeling, and they don't trap a ton of heat like bulkier knee pads do.

I would gladly buy another pair if I needed to.
    Third on the Kneecaps. Don't bother with the Altas.

Al

Feedback Score
    +4 on Arcteryx. I would recommend just going to Tactical Distributors to get them, as discounts can take awhile to show up on the Gucchi Arcteryx brand. Best money you will spend this week.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Another vote for Arc'teryx here.

Feedback Score
    I third arcterx as well. Being an ex-paid climber, their stuff kicks butt, period! Their ergonomics in their design is second to none as long as it fits your anatomy correctly. Not all their stuff do I love, but is way better than most. I got a pair for big wall climbing because of weight considerations.

Feedback Score
    I vote for the ArcTeryx as well. One thing I don't like about them is that the elastic straps for me are ungodly long and there isn't really a way to tuck them out of the way so that they don't come loose. I'm sure I could improvise a solution if I so desired, but out of the box, that's just how it is. I also don't like how they clip in to secure to your leg. Although simple, easy, water-resistant, and light-weight, I've had them come undone at times (although it is a rare occurrence). I would prefer smallish 3/4" side release plastic buckles, although that would add weight. I haven't had buckles come loose ever in my application. Also, the elastic strap when wet tends to stretch more and loosen up, requiring constant retightening.

All of those cons aside, the Arc kneepads are still the best I have ever used. Extremely comfortable, flexible, great protection, easy to use, and light-weight. I haven't seen anything better.

Feedback Score
    Well I guess it's ArcTeryx for me then!!

Thanks for the quick replies!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    glad to see this post. I haven't really considered buying knee pads but there sure have been times when I wished I had them and now I will be looking at ArcTeryx as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast