Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leather belts for concealed carry

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Leather belts for concealed carry

I found a link on the site for a few options of belts and after reading narrowed it down to Bigfoot belts 14oz with steel core of the beltman horsehide belt.

Major differences are bigfoot is double layer bridle leather and beltman is bull hide backing with horse hide layer on top.

With that comes a bit of price difference 60 for Bigfoot and 90 for beltman.

I know both are quality but does anyone have a recommend for either of these?

I am getting this to carry in dress clothes. Mainly a mp shield in 9mm and on occasion when cooler weather a g19

Thanks

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I wear a Bigfoot gun belt every day. I went with the 18oz bridle leather, and it is very good at what it does. I got the heavier version to also run full size pistols, and mag carriers on as a range belt. Works great. Supports a narrow BladeTech tech lock holster for an all steel SIG P226 X5 without a hint of sag. Also works great for my VP9 in both IWB and OWB holsters.

Really can't complain about it at all, need to buy another one in brown to match other shoes/boots.

I'll also give a shout out to their customer service, I ordered a belt that was too large and they were super easy to work the exchange with. They did accidentally send a second replacement belt out for the exchange, and I called them to make arrangements to send it back. They told me to keep it, their mistake and no expectation from them for me to be hassled with sending it back. So I gifted my brother with it. He likes his too.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have 3 of the Beltman belts. 2 for work and 1 for everyday wear. They haven't let me down in any way and provide a solid belt for my holsters. I don't have any history the the Bigfoot belt so i can't comment on it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I have 3 of the Beltman belts. 2 for work and 1 for everyday wear. They haven't let me down in any way and provide a solid belt for my holsters. I don't have any history the the Bigfoot belt so i can't comment on it.
    I'm leaning toward this for the option of horse hide. Do you have any with that?

About how thick are the ones you have?

Thanks

Vince

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Check out Hanks Belts. I have had one for a little while and just use it for range work and some IDPA stuff,,,,very nice and great quality.
    https://www.hanksbelts.com/

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I cannot recommend either since I do not own either. I do own the Magpul Tejas. I do highly recommend it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vpetrell View Post
    I'm leaning toward this for the option of horse hide. Do you have any with that?

About how thick are the ones you have?

Thanks

Vince

Mine are the bullhide belts. The 2 I use for work at the 1.5" tapered belts. They taper down to 1.25" upfront. They all are 1/4" thick double layer belts.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    +1 for the Beltman horsehide belt. I use mine for competition and it holds a lot of weight without sagging, plus the horsehide seems to shrug off abuse as far as finish.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just got the beltman horsehide. Super pumped to get it. Thanks all who have pointers

VP

Feedback Score
    "Squeak, squeak"

As much as I like leather I never could find a way to keep it quiet and went with synthetics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast