Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leather belts for concealed carry

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    "Squeak, squeak"

As much as I like leather I never could find a way to keep it quiet and went with synthetics.
    True words. I'm getting. The leather so I can carry in dress clothes at work. Typically I'm in my synthetic belt with cobra buckle. But that stands out with khakis and a dress shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have a Bigfoot gun belt. It's very nice. It's super thick and bulky though, which are positives for carry, but I keep wearing my Kore ratchet belt more than anything lately. Especially because I am cutting weight so fast. I'm starting to prefer the Bigfoot as a range belt.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    "Squeak, squeak"

As much as I like leather I never could find a way to keep it quiet and went with synthetics.
    ??? I've been wearing a leather gun belt for 30 years and never had one squeak.

Feedback Score
    Crossbreed makes a leather belt with an ARES gear buckle. Very cool and fits in with dress clothes as well as jeans.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Have you ever worn a full compliment of leather police duty gear? Squeaks abounded in some guys. IMO a lot of it had to do with finish on the leather and wear.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I've been using a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 for about 10 years, and I just noticed a few months ago that the leather holster / leather belt combination has started to "creak" (not exactly a squeak) when I'm walking or shifting around. I was in a quiet store doing some shopping when I noticed and and thought that it would probably sound odd if I was standing next to someone.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Baby powder will fix those creaks right up.

My cross breed holsters start to squeak and creak after awhile and have to throw some more in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I use a leather belt from High Noon holsters. It's held up well for about 5 years. Never squeaked on me.

It's the Rock Steady 1.5" version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I currently wearing a Magpul Tejas belt. Been running it since November. Have not have any issues other than I think the Buckle could be a little less, bulky and cut down some edges, could replace it, but only bugs me once or twice a week at most it seems.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    I currently wearing a Magpul Tejas belt. Been running it since November. Have not have any issues other than I think the Buckle could be a little less, bulky and cut down some edges, could replace it, but only bugs me once or twice a week at most it seems.
    I, too, wear the Tejas belt. And I, too, find the buckle a little on the large side. The bend-back that attaches the buckle makes for a very thick belt up front that, in a perfect world, would be a bit smaller. If I carried strong-side, it wouldn't bother me at all, but as is, all that traffic at and around the buckle makes for a rather tight appendix carry. The belt doesn't want to feed over to the left any, because it smooshes up into the belt loops of most pants.

But, other than that gripe--that I just have to set it into position carefully when I first put it on--the belt is great. Very durable, looks good, carries extremely well, etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast