Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rifle Scopes for 3-Gun

Feedback Score

Rifle Scopes for 3-Gun

So it seems the way to go is the 1-X scopes, but I'm behind the times on the current offerings. Haven't shot 3-gun in about 4 years because of kids. When I bought my CQBSS, it was about the only one out there and the S&B and others were vaporware. A few years later and it seems like everyone has one. Not looking to replicate the CQBSS, but looking for one for a scope to get my son into 3-gun. The range-blocker has become my range-ticket. Anyone care to handicap the scopes out there? I'm assuming FFP, 1-6 at least, Daylight reticle with out breaking the bank. I have a BCM SS 16inch Middy upper and parts kit and a lower that I'm going to work with him to get a gun going.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Strike eagle 1-6
    Primary arms 1-6
    Strike eagle 1-8
    Viper PST Gen II 1-6
    Razor GenII 1-6

Those are pretty much the choices depending on how much money you want to spend. Farther you go down the list the more money it's gonna cost.

The top three are all about the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Daylight bright is not necessarily essential, depends on reticle. Some reticles do need high illumination to be fast on target, some have bold reticles that need no illumination.

Swarovski Z6i BRT is still great.
    Kahles K16i SM1 or G4B are solid
    Razor Gen 2 JM-1
    Leupold VX6 FireDot BDC
    Leupold Mk6 CMR-W
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Daylight bright is not necessarily essential, depends on reticle. Some reticles do need high illumination to be fast on target, some have bold reticles that need no illumination.

Swarovski Z6i BRT is still great.
    Kahles K16i SM1 or G4B are solid
    Razor Gen 2 JM-1
    Leupold VX6 FireDot BDC
    Leupold Mk6 CMR-W
    The Z6i has been the main choice for top IPSC rifle shooters here in Europe. One not on the list is the Zeiss V8.

I used the K16i with the G4 B reticle for several seasons in national and international level matches.

The only reason it is not on my AR anymore, is the Z8i with BRT-I reticle, which is everything that the Z6i / Kahles K16i were and more

I am sure the Z8i will be also prominent at the upcoming IPSC Rifle World Shoot in Russia in June.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Vortex Razor HD 1-6 is very popular in our matches. The guys that run this scope love it.

If you need a little more magnification, one of the best kept secrets in my opinion is the Primary Arms Platinum 1-8.

Both scopes have clear glass, have huge eye-boxes, and are daylight bright if you find that necessary. Both scopes are built like tanks, but are also are heavy. The Primary Arms offers the ACSS reticle, if that is your thing. People tend to love it or hate it.

There are a lot of good suggestions so far in this thread. One thing to note, there is a big difference between a premium scope, and a budget scope - especially when it comes to eye box.

Pic of me with the Primary Arms Platinum 1-8 in action:

3G.jpg

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Some of you missed "without breaking the bank" statement lol.

It's like anything OP how much money do you want to spend?

That's why I listed the "cheaper" options first. There are tons of guys running the mid range 1-6's without any issue.

The glass won't be as clear but it will work for what you need. Then later on you can upgrade if your looking for more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Pretty much not CQBSS money... that was a 'one and done'.

Seems like going to $1300 gets a pretty good range of scopes- but I'm not afraid of too much lower or used scopes. I like daylight bright because we basically have sandy/clay soil and twigs for landscape and my TMR CQBSS gets a little ill-defined at times as reticle and scrub brush merge.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Pretty much not CQBSS money... that was a 'one and done'.

Seems like going to $1300 gets a pretty good range of scopes- but I'm not afraid of too much lower or used scopes. I like daylight bright because we basically have sandy/clay soil and twigs for landscape and my TMR CQBSS gets a little ill-defined at times as reticle and scrub brush merge.
    IIRC someone mentioned here in the optics forum that the Kahles can be had at $1800, of all the options listed here, for that money I would jump on that.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    For "not breaking the bank, I would check out the

Burris XTR II 1-5
    Vortex PST II 1-6
    Leupold VX6 1-6 Firedot

Otherwise, if you want to really just get a cheap optic, get a strike eagle and upgrade later if you feel like it.

ETA: I started typing this before you mentioned budget could be like $1300.

For that money you could get a second hand Vortex Razor HD II and a mount or a second hand Leupold MK6.

I have also seen the Kahles as cheap as $17xx with a mount, so you could do that as well. Any of those options will be "one and done" quality but still significantly cheaper than the CQBSS.
    Last edited by jstalford; 04-13-17 at 11:13.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    For around $1300 I see lots of Vortex Razor 1-6 and Leupold VX-6 at our matches. I run a USO SR4C and have been looking hard at the Accupower 1-8

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast