G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rifle Scopes for 3-Gun

Feedback Score
    Anyone play with the Trijicon Accupower 1-8?

Every time I hear "Strike Eagle" I think of the Top Gear episode with the 'Thrust Eagle' POS hybrid car that almost killed them.
    I just did two lines of powdered wig powder, cranked up some Lee Greenwood, and recited the BoR. - Outlander Systems

Feedback Score
    I have run 2 different Trijicon TR24's and I love them one is a green triangle and the other green german crosshairs, they are light daylight bright, clear glass and durable. I have also ran my VCOG which has a great reticle, glass, and you won't break it but is not that bright. my buddy has two TR25's and he loves them. I just got the 1-8 Accupower in red MOA and it is daylight bright. I personally love Trijicon products and that's what I promote. I believe in good glass, I use it on my work gun, my race guns and my go bag guns. I would look hard into the TR25 with a triangle or moa/mil dot. Lightweight can be had for under 1k on gunbroker and they are durable and bright. I know people love the Vortex Razor but for the weight and price get the Accupower 1-8. Red is for sure bright, green is iffy. I don't like how small the razor dot is. People say it's bright and I looke through my friends and it's bright I think.....sort..... the dot is just so small it doesn't draw your eye to the center like my trijicon stuf does

Feedback Score
    why do ur shoots seem to mount the smaller red dot on the LEFT instead of the right??
    unless they are left handed
    i have seen it done in the military but have tried it and it is not for me. the reason i ask is i have an old mans bi focals and astigmitism
    and i am looking for a better "mouse trap"

tia
    357 carbine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The scope that best fits your needs is the vortex viper pst gen ii if you can find one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbine357 View Post
    why do ur shoots seem to mount the smaller red dot on the LEFT instead of the right??
    unless they are left handed
    i have seen it done in the military but have tried it and it is not for me. the reason i ask is i have an old mans bi focals and astigmitism
    and i am looking for a better "mouse trap"

tia
    357 carbine
    Yeah I noticed that, I am wondering if he is using his left eye if going to the RDS?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Anyone play with the Trijicon Accupower 1-8?

Every time I hear "Strike Eagle" I think of the Top Gear episode with the 'Thrust Eagle' POS hybrid car that almost killed them.
    1-8 is ice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    1-8 is ice
    I've been chilling since Friday .

Got a green one, going to take it to a match this weekend.
    I just did two lines of powdered wig powder, cranked up some Lee Greenwood, and recited the BoR. - Outlander Systems

Feedback Score
    Having now used the Z8i 1-8x for some time, I can honestly say it has made a difference compared to a 1-6x scope.

Off hand shooting at 17 c, / 6.6" plates at 100 meters is very doable with the scope ( the new comp I am using and the aluminium bolt carrier of course being a part of this combo )

Best strings range c. 3.3 - 3.8 seconds from the beep for 3 shots/hits.

If I mess up, then the times are in the 5-8 second range with 4-7 shots usually.

So I would say the biggest diffence is the improved ability for off hand shooting at longer distances and not compromising anything in other shooting types ( low magnification, closer targets, shooting on the move etc )

Tuukka Jokinen
    Ase Utra sound suppressors
    www.aseutra.fi

Feedback Score
    Here is how the first IPSC Rifle World Shoot looked like with the Swaro / T1 combo.

Tuukka Jokinen
    Ase Utra sound suppressors
    www.aseutra.fi

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    May want to rethink the FFP. As an example, the Vortex Razor HD GEN II 1-6 is second focal plane.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast