Thread: Chrono Info: MEN 9mm/5.56 IMI 5.56 77gr OTM LR MOD1 IMI 5.56 69gr Sierra HPBT MATCH

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Chrono Info: MEN 9mm/5.56 IMI 5.56 77gr OTM LR MOD1 IMI 5.56 69gr Sierra HPBT MATCH

Load results from my chrono this morning, all strings were 10 rounds:
    1. MEN 9mm 124gr. FMJ
    Glock 19
    AVG:1068fps
    E.S: 45fps
    HI:1085fps
    Low:1040fps

Glock 17
    AVG:1085fps
    E.S:35fps
    HI:1104fps
    Low: 1069fps

2. MEN M193 55gr FMJ
    LMT Defender 16" 1/7 5.56 NATO Chamber
    AVG:3007fps
    E.S:88fps
    HI: 3044fps
    Low: 2956fps

3. IMI 5.56 77gr. OTM LR, MOD 1
    AVG:2721fps
    E.S: 44fps
    HI: 2737fps
    Low: 2693fps

4. IMI 5.56 69gr. Sierra HPBT MATCH
    AVG: 2828fps
    E.S: 66fps
    HI: 2867fps
    Low: 2801fps

Did not do an accuracy test on the rifle ammo- I am trying to decide on an optic that will allow me to test ammo accurately at distance.
    The MEN ammo was very nice looking..with all the desirable traits one wants in a combat round. Shot about 60 rounds...very nice stuff so far.
    The IMI was brown box stuff...looked great also. Shot offhand groups of 10 rounds at 25 yards to just get a feel of it recoil wise...quarter sized groups, negligent recoil.
    The MEN 9mm is THE prettiest ammo Ive ever seen...I mean it was shining like a diamond in a goats ass.
    Shot about 200 rounds thru the G19 & G17..VERY accurate..especially in the G17. Ragged holes at 15-20 yards. Gonna load up on this stuff ASAP.

Question on OTM, & OTM MATCH marked ammo- does this stuff expand like a hunting round? Would either the 69gr OTM or the 77gr. OTM be a good choice to use for SD/Hunting/SHTF?
    Hope my info helps.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 04-11-17 at 16:48.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info on the 9mm MEN. The price is right and it sounds like decent ammo.

OTM rounds tend to tumble to a base first orientation when they hit soft media. If they have enough velocity they'll bend and break in half at the cannelure. The sections with other fragments diverge creating separate wound tracks. Not the seasoning most folks want in their venison or pork. They don't mushroom in the classic hunting bullet sense. OTM's also aren't barrier blind so they tend to break up when they hit glass, auto body or other "barriers". I have a stack of Match ammo loaded for my guns because I usually only kill paper.
    Last edited by Gunnar da Wolf; 04-11-17 at 20:35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar da Wolf View Post
    Thanks for the info on the 9mm MEN. The price is right and it sounds like decent ammo.

OTM rounds tend to tumble to a base first orientation when they hit soft media. If they have enough velocity they'll bend and break in half at the cannelure. The sections with other fragments diverge creating separate wound tracks. Not the seasoning most folks want in their venison or pork. They don't mushroom in the classic hunting bullet sense. OTM's also aren't barrier blind so they tend to break up when they hit glass, auto body or other "barriers". I have a stack of Match ammo loaded for my guns because I usually only kill paper.
    I certainly appreciate that info- Also, SGAMMO.com has the MEN ammo for what I think is an excellent price, fwiw. I am really impressed in my limited experience, gonna run a lot more this weekend. Best, cleanest ammo Ive ever seen. Somebody gonna have a lucky day picking up what I laid down today!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.