Thread: Does anyone still make this style mag pouch?

Feedback Score

Does anyone still make this style mag pouch?

I've been on the market for a more enclosed mag pouch that secures with a fastener and not velcro. Double or triple carrier in size, ranger green (or close to). I would also like some kind of mechanism to contract the pouch after magazine removal, that would reduce the remaining mags from banging against one another.

HSGI used to make one, but seems to have discontinued it.

Velocity Systems and Mayflower just came out with one as part of their jungle system, but it lacks the retention and doesn't come in green.

Tyr makes a great looking one, but it closes with velcro.

SSD showed a concept a year ago that never seemed to hit the market.

So...do any of you guys have leads?
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have something similar in ACU. I'll try to take some pics and send them to you.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    I had actually considered that, since it's pretty much the origin of what I'm talking about. I don't really know a clean way to mount ALICE gear to MOLLE, though (or, more specifically, First Spear's 6/12 gear).

I got a PM pointing me towards LBT, who happens to make nearly exactly what I'm talking about. Holds 3 mags, has buckle closure (and velcro, if needed), and bungee material to collapse the pouch.

A bit spendier than I would like at $58 per, but they seem to be the only game in town (next to the classic ALICE pouch).
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Roger. The ALICE to MOLLE adapters pretty much suck.

I've had decent luck with ditching the ALICE clips and using zip ties or 550 cord.

Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    I had actually considered that, since it's pretty much the origin of what I'm talking about. I don't really know a clean way to mount ALICE gear to MOLLE, though (or, more specifically, First Spear's 6/12 gear).

I got a PM pointing me towards LBT, who happens to make nearly exactly what I'm talking about. Holds 3 mags, has buckle closure (and velcro, if needed), and bungee material to collapse the pouch.

A bit spendier than I would like at $58 per, but they seem to be the only game in town (next to the classic ALICE pouch).