Thread: Natural T Rebound: A Case Study

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Natural T Rebound: A Case Study

Here's a case study I just wrote up of a guy who went from 92ng/dl to 775ng/dl without TRT or other meds. I hope the info is of use to those in similar situations. Everyone's situation is unique, but in some cases of very low T levels, no meds needed to restore it. This is such a case. If you or someone you know is in a similar situation, you/they will find this very helpful info:

http://www.brinkzone.com/bodybuildin...-a-case-study/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Excellent write up. I can relate and reiterate the importance of a "holistic" approach to honestly dealing with all aspects of health - body, mind & spirit. Take this to heart men and don't waste fifty years like I did ignoring the software and only focusing on the hardware.
    “Beware unearned wisdom.” Jung

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGunNut View Post
    Excellent write up. I can relate and reiterate the importance of a "holistic" approach to honestly dealing with all aspects of health - body, mind & spirit. Take this to heart men and don't waste fifty years like I did ignoring the software and only focusing on the hardware.
    Quoted for truth and either ignored or given minimal attention by many. I tend to stress that aspect of recovery knowing that.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Interesting read.

What caught my attention was the "little to no cardio". Does cardio tend to tax the T production, especially as we get older? I do cardio 5x per week at the 80%+ MHR for a 40yo (I'm 51 but use the 40yo numbers as my standard), meaning HR in the 140's or higher for 170 minutes per week. I also lift 3-4x per week on top of that, depending on how I break up my weight workouts. It is kicking my ass, but I'm kinda OCD about it and won't give up.

I was on T supplementation for 7 1/2 years until I was diagnosed with prostate cancer last December and had it removed 2 months ago. As far as the cancer goes the future looks bright but my T is in the shitter, like almost non-existent. Not sure if my body will ever fire up T production on it's own after this long but I'm also leery of getting back on supplementation, at least until I'm damn sure the cancer is gone for good (like a couple years before I will even consider it).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Interesting read.

What caught my attention was the "little to no cardio". Does cardio tend to tax the T production, especially as we get older? I do cardio 5x per week at the 80%+ MHR for a 40yo (I'm 51 but use the 40yo numbers as my standard), meaning HR in the 140's or higher for 170 minutes per week. I also lift 3-4x per week on top of that, depending on how I break up my weight workouts. It is kicking my ass, but I'm kinda OCD about it and won't give up.

I was on T supplementation for 7 1/2 years until I was diagnosed with prostate cancer last December and had it removed 2 months ago. As far as the cancer goes the future looks bright but my T is in the shitter, like almost non-existent. Not sure if my body will ever fire up T production on it's own after this long but I'm also leery of getting back on supplementation, at least until I'm damn sure the cancer is gone for good (like a couple years before I will even consider it).
    Excessive aerobics will be hard on T levels. That's why many of your marathon runners and such often have T levels of teen age girls and chit, injured all the time, compromised immune systems. etc. Moderate aerobics appears generally neutral on T or slight + depending on study. What goes from moderate to Excessive, within reason, depends on factors such as energy intakes, other exercise being done also, etc.

Lifting 4x per week and 5x per week at the 80%+ MHR may be cutting into recoup in your case, but can't from a post of course.

Intel on TRT post prostate cancer via Harvard Med:

http://www.harvardprostateknowledge....rostate-cancer
    Last edited by WillBrink; 04-12-17 at 19:00.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    That's why many of your marathon runners and such often have T levels of teen age girls and chit, injured all the time, compromised immune systems. etc.
    Are you actually researching this, or just doing that Fox News/New York Times thing where every "article" is a thinly veiled opinion piece? Reading actual studies done about the relationship between running and T levels, not opinion blogs or bodybuilding.com pieces, the activity level is greater than 64km or 40 miles per week before an inversely proportional effect is noted, but it still remained within normal limits. How many people are really anywhere near that who weren't Olympic or collegiate athletes?
    While I would agree that a holistic approach is always the best option before medication, your biases are getting tired.

Full text of the research,

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...v034p00273.pdf

Synopsis,

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1724199/
    Last edited by bp7178; 04-12-17 at 20:36.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    Are you actually researching this, or just doing that Fox News/New York Times thing where every "article" is a thinly veiled opinion piece? Reading actual studies done about the relationship between running and T levels, not opinion blogs or bodybuilding.com pieces, the activity level is greater than 64km or 40 miles per week before an inversely proportional effect is noted, but it still remained within normal limits. How many people are really anywhere near that who weren't Olympic or collegiate athletes?
    While I would agree that a holistic approach is always the best option before medication, your biases are getting tired.
    Then don't read my stuff, problem solved.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info: