Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Best sights on a ccw glock 19, etc?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Roger that. My issue is that they don't make those in suppressor-height variants.

For me personally, the OEM sights just visually work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Bunny View Post
    Am I the one who gets to tell you the good news?

You can buy glock factory sights, made from steel. Clicky

There's no need to not have exactly what you want.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    After coming full circle and restandardizing to Glocks, my first range day with a brand new G17...

...front sight looked like a black booger with a white glob in it.

Why Glock still uses polymer for the sights is beyond me. They should ship from the factory with the steel ones, and charge an extra $10 if need be. I'm willing to wager they are operating under the assumption that dudes are going to replace them anyway...

My all-time least favorite sights I've ever had were Heinie Straight 8s on a 1911.

For my eyes, the OEMs track exceptionally well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    If it works for you, rock on. Though if you want that sight picture then they do make steel versions, at least I think they do, which I'd be switching to since I've seen the plastic ones break in use. Personally, I find them to be less than Ideal, though my 92 has the dot and cup sights and I find them to be very nice for a range gun, so it really does come down to what works for you. Me? I like aftermarket. But, if the sights work for you....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    OP:

I have a set of DeFoor nite sights I really like - I have them on a 'cross-over' Glock that goes to the range a lot and gets carried sometimes.

I have shot the original straight eights and liked them enough I am having a set put on my Hi-Power.

I would second the sentiments about the express sights - fast and 'coarse' not precision - which is their intent.

Here is what I found doing night shoots with student over the years - with flashlights or weapon mounted lights I get along, heck, even prefer, non-illuminated sights. Narrow blade, wider notch.

Generally on front lit targets I found that I was faster than folks with night sights because generally shooters would fall in love with trying to align three dots. On back lit targets night sights have an honest advantage, but if you are within 7-10 yards you should be able to put upper center mass hits on a guy using a stance-directed technique placing the gun between your eyes and the BG.

Many people envision using night sights in a total darkness situation. The reality is that if you can't identify your target you can't shot. Night sights sometimes allow us to align on a target that we cant positively identify as a threat with potential bad outcomes. That, though, is a software problem, not a hardware problem.

TL;DR - I prefer that I don't have 3 dots to align - it takes most folks longer - sitting a dot on top of an 'i' or making an '8' seems quicker to me. Likewise, if it was a gun strictly limited to carry and practice for carry, I'd probably go with the big dot expresses.

Good luck!
    I have the Defoor "night" sights too, I like them and realllly appreciate the precision I can squeeze out of them, but I'm still on the fence about the whole "night-sights are bad, etc" thing. It's just easier sometimes to pick up something with some glow, but to each his own. I've been running them in competition and at the range and other stuff and they're nice, just not sure, there's a lot of options out there right now. For the price and the precision though, I think the Defoor's were a great buy and I haven't looked back, but I am interested in the new Trijicon's.

Feedback Score
    As stated sights are an individual thing. Make sure they work for your eyes to achieve a high degree of accuracy. If you wear corrective lenses make sure you can get a good sight picture without them. Think about what conditions you find yourself in when choosing your sights. Also, pick a good light. Streamlight, Surefire and Fenix are three brands I've had great performance from. I like brighter lights because they allow you to gather more data. As Clint Smith says, "there is a lawyer attached to every bullet.
    We don't shoot at shadows and we don't shoot at noises."
    Last edited by Tomahawk_Ghost; 05-29-17 at 21:57.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I put Trijicon HD night sights on my G19 and G26 and really like the sight picture and speed I am able to generate with them. I have the factory night sights on a VP9 and they don't seem quite as fast. But it does seem to be a personal preference. Glock's plastic sights have to be the best thing that ever happened for the after market sights industry.

Feedback Score
    Who uses their sights in a gunfight situation? Point and shoot, keep your eyes on the assailant(s). That's how you should be training. Trust me, you will not be using your sights in a do or die situation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FreqRiDeR View Post
    Trust me, you will not be using your sights in a do or die situation.
    Pray tell, how many of these do or die situations have you been in? Because I've known quite a few, and the ones who "did" rather than "died" actually used their sights.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreqRiDeR View Post
    That's how you should be training.
    That's a first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Outside of say 15 yds, yes sights are useful. In close quarters, poor light, surprize attack situations you are better pointing and shooting providing you have trained to do so. And any experienced tactical shooter will tell you this. I have qualified with all my cc handguns without using my sights because thats the way I train to shoot, to place shots where my eyes are looking. From any position, hip sideways, laying on the ground etc... Go ahead, line up those dots all perfect. I'll be shooting the moment my gun leaves the holster, hitting my mark and I'll keep shooting as I raise my weapon while you're still taking aim. Sights are for amateurs.

Feedback Score
    Here you go, for the uninitiated:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.thetr...o-you-use/amp/
    Last edited by FreqRiDeR; 07-15-17 at 03:02.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast