Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Best sights on a ccw glock 19, etc?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I installed a set of Trij HD's on my G43 and I find them way too high and too much daylight between them. And I agree with them being sharp. I'm going to replace them with the oem night sights shortly. I personally like the oem sight picture. I use oem front tritium and rear steel on my 17s and 19s.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like my Trijicon HDs (orange), but I wish I had gone with yellow. My dad’s G43 has Ameriglo CAP sights and my eye finds that front sight a LOT easier. Idk if its the color or the square vs circular paint.

HDs also have very sharp edges if you carry AIWB.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall View Post
    Cant believe I'm the first person to say I've got Meprolight's on my G19...
    Well all of us who recently purchased the Glock 19X have them-though its stamped Glock. Works just fine for me though im used to the Trijicon HD's (yellow). Trying the Ameriglo's from Glock on a new G17 Gen 5.
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Admitted New York State Bar 1994

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been running the Ameriglo Bold and FBI contract sets with yellow fronts and I like them a lot. I did recently check out a set of the Truglo Pro series sights, and they seem very nice. A lot like ameriglo, but with a larger white front dot.

Might try a set just to say I did.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I run the ameriglo pro I dots on the glock 19 I normally carry concealed and the amriglo spartans on my work glock. All of my other glocks just have factory night sights. Between the two ameriglo's I find I like the pro I dots a lot more, enough that I am probably going to put those on my work gun now too. I seem to be slightly more accurate with the I dots also.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Best sights on a ccw glock 19, etc?

It’s 2018, Trijicon makes this thing called an RMR. Under all lighting conditions an adjustable Type 2 RMR will be faster, and give you better results than any other set of iron sights, that said if budgetary restraints, severe astigmatisms, or if you are one of those “I’m an old Dog and can’t learn new tricks” guys than getting whatever combo of plain black steel or fiber optic sights that give you a good sight picture you can live with and a 300+ Lumen Weapon mounted or handheld light, (ideally both), will give you the second best consistent sighting system across the entire range of lighting conditions and environments.

http://www.jwramp.com/news/pistol-si...ing-conditions

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...onditions/amp/
    Last edited by MOLON AABE; 04-22-18 at 02:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MOLON AABE View Post
    It’s 2018, Trijicon makes this thing called an RMR. Under all lighting conditions an adjustable Type 2 RMR will be faster, and give you better results than any other set of iron sights, that said if budgetary restraints, severe astigmatisms, or if you are one of those “I’m an old Dog and can’t learn new tricks” guys than getting whatever combo of plain black steel or fiber optic sights that give you a good sight picture you can live with and a 300+ Lumen Weapon mounted or handheld light, (ideally both), will give you the second best consistent sighting system across the entire range of lighting conditions and environments.

http://www.jwramp.com/news/pistol-si...ing-conditions

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...onditions/amp/
    Great info right nere��.

Feedback Score
    I have Trijicon HD on most everything, but I’m going to give Night Fision a try on my G43. They look very interesting.
    https://www.nightfision.com/product/...ghts-for-glock

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Have been using Trijicon HD (Yellow) to great effect since they came out. Tried the Ameriglo (Red) on my G17 Gen 5 that i ordered through the Glock store for $100.00 and was very impressed. That red dot is very easy to pick up and align with the rear. I also noticed the Tritium is noticeably brighter than the Trijicon purchased only a few months prior.

My son as a result just got free Trijicons and im ordering another Ameriglo. Square rear notch btw.
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Admitted New York State Bar 1994

Feedback Score
    Another vote for the Hackathorn’s!!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast